28.

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT
"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIMES TWO"

"Thank you, Daddy." Arlo smiled down the phone, he'd been the first person to ring her that morning.

He'd also paid a reasonable amount into her bank account which she was more than grateful for.

Atlas bounced into his sisters bedroom he catapulted himself on top of her shouting that it was their birthdays.

She ended the call with her father and shuffled out from underneath her brother.

"So what are we doing today, brother?" She asked almost sarcastically turning to him.

Atlas looked almost instantly guilty. It made Arlo look at him with a scowl and then she folded her arms and raised a brow.

"What?" She asked him accusingly, "Atlas, what?"

Atlas didn't even get to say anything before the front door smashed open and from down the stairs came an all too familiar call.

"ATLAS!"

Of course it was him, Arlo turned to face her brother and folded her arms in anger.

"Kian?" She asked madly towards him "For OUR birthday you invited HIM round!"

Kian bounded up the stairs he must've burst into Atlas' room and he wasn't there so through Arlo's door he shouted.

"You in there?"

Arlo turned to Atlas with the angriest expression.

"Yeah I'm here! I'm coming now."

Atlas stood up from the bed with his head bowed and he looked towards his sister who couldn't even look him in the eyes.

"Cmon! Or we'll loose our slot at that escape room.

Arlo scoffed,

as if he had made plans without her on their birthday.

She didn't even make a sound as he left the room, but once he was gone she curled into a ball and cried into her knees.