30.

CHAPTER THIRTY
"I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP"

"I'll go get Kian." Arlo said to her brother, it was the first time she'd ever said that but she knew for a fact that she wasn't going to calm him down without his best friend.

Back at home he had gotten in a physical fight with their mothers new boyfriend and when he'd accidentally stumbled into Arlo he must've saw black.

He was that angry that even after they'd walked to school, he was still shaking with anger.

Arlo knew what to do, she'd just been putting it back because she didn't want to walk straight into the lions den.

Everyone at school knew about Arlo and Kian hating each other so when she approached him everyone almost gasped like something from a show.

"Kian." Arlo said tapping his shoulder to get him to turn around, she'd approached it confidently but when he turned and she was faced with his chest she seemed to rethink her decision.

"Hello?" He asked rather rudely and it made her want to turn around and walk away, it made her sick enough that she was asking for his help.

"It's Atlas, he needs you." she said turning more timid and Kian stepped away from his group of friends and ended up pressed chest to chest with his best friends twin sister.

Arlo felt her heart began to pound and she put it down to anger though some part of her made her think about staring at his lips.

Maybe it was only to watch the way that he laughed and said,

"You can't handle you're own brother?" He asked "Thought you were... good." he whispered picking his words very carefully.

It caught the air at the back of her throat.

"He got in a fight and um-" she stumbled over what to say "-he asked for you."

Kian then turned serious and nodded as if he was accepting the chore of looking after his best friend.

He followed behind Arlo so closely that she could feel his breath on the back of her neck and it made her hair stand on end.

Once they both reached Atlas, Arlo spared herself of the embarrassment and said goodbye to her brother before rushing to class without saying another word to Kian.