37.

CHAPTER THIRTY SEVEN
"A RELAPSE"

Atlas folded his arms across his chest and looked at Kian and Arlo as they giggled.

For the first time in her recovery Atlas swarmed with jealousy, he hadn't hung out with Kian in weeks and Arlo wasn't clinging to him anymore.

He was watching them get closer and closer and he was hating it because although the house was getting quieter and calmer he knew that it was about to erupt.

"What are you two giggling at?" Atlas asked as he entered the kitchen with a solemn mood, he looked at the pair and then towards the cupboard to find himself something to eat.

"Nothing really, I guess it's an inside joke." Arlo responded and it was the last straw for Atlas.

He knew Kian was going to break her heart, he'd seen what he was like with girls, he was his best friend for god sake.

"Well fucking stop it." Atlas snapped throwing a plastic cup towards the kitchen counter in anger "Stop fucking laughing and stop being nice."

Kian stood up instinctively and Arlo was quick to ask what was wrong.

"What's wrong? What's wrong?" He laughed in disbelief "You hate him okay? You fucking hate Kian always have from being young. You argue and you scream and you call each other names and you hurt each other."

Atlas had started to get closer to his sister but Kian had kind of stood between them so he didn't get up in her face and scare her.

"You!" He said pointing at Kian "Don't try and act like you care about her when you were the reason she cried herself to sleep. Stop playing her like a fucking violin and give up the nice guy act."

"Atlas, stop, I care about her." Kian said in a hushed whisper because if he said it any louder it'd be more real.

"It's bullshit, tell her." he said pointing to his sister "Tell her how you hurt her and save yourself from breaking my little sisters heart."

Kian was speechless he didn't even turn round to Arlo but she made him by one simple sentence.

"Is it true?"

Kian slowly turned to Arlo, tears in his eyes. He knew Atlas had said it to save her but truthfully he couldn't help but feel selfishly angry at him ruining his fresh restart.

"It's true but-"

Arlo stood from her seat and shook her head at Kian. She'd started to fall for him, truthfully, the way he spoke and looked out for her, the way he looked himself and his personality.

And now her brother was telling her it was all a lie.

"I'm sorry." Arlo said excusing herself, she rushed towards the door and out the house, her chest heaving.

Kian snapped towards Atlas with a disgusted look, now it was he who had hurt his sister.

"Thanks for that."