25.

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE
"THE PERSON DRIVING"

Kian after deciding to stay at the Young twins house had jumped from couch to couch to see which one was more comfortable.

After a few nights he wondered if he was ever going to get a good enough sleep, the arm chair he had slept in the night previous made his legs dangle off the edge.

Kian decided to head upstairs, maybe he could ask Atlas if they could bed share or something. He genuinely expected him to have another quilt or something.

Upon reaching the top of the stairs he heard a loud screech, it wasn't loud enough to wake Atlas but seen as Kian was already alert he broke out into a run.

"Arlo!" He gasped bursting open the door without a second thought.

Arlo sat upright in her bed, her knees to her chin and her arms wrapped around them. She sounded to Kian like she was sobbing.

She heard Kian's entrance and looked up weakly towards him, tears staining her cheeks and her nose sniffly.

He slowly made his way towards her, he sat at the end of her bed and reached out to caress her hand. She looked at him with a sad smile.

"You had a nightmare?" He asked and she nodded "You know that's okay, I used to have them ever single night especially when things weren't going right when I was awake."

Arlo looked at Kian with a smile which was starting to be much more convincing than the one from before.

"It was about the crash-" she whispered in a voice "-about who did it, the driver kept flipping between people and I didn't know who they were."

Arlo then broke down crying and Kian was quick to lunge towards her and pick her up, cradling her in his lap. He stroked her hair and hummed into her head.

"Hey, it's understandable."