↘︎ chapter fifty-two

52 | New DADA teacher

By the end of the summer, the main thing was to clean and decontaminate. Marley Macmillan was so happy with her OWL results that even the cockroaches didn't dull her mood. She's dreamed for something in a while, but she hadn't shared it with anyone. She wanted to become an Auror and capture evil wizards. However, she didn't want to admit it because she wasn't ready for others to know. She wanted to be even bolder - like Moody, Tonks, Lupin and Black (Remus and Sirius weren't Aurors). Also, her OWL grades were high enough to be an Auror.

So, Harry Potter returned from the hearing successfully. He was acquitted of all charges and would return to Hogwarts for his fifth year. Everyone was very happy and by the end of the summer vacation, absolutely nothing interesting happened. On the day they had to go to Kings Cross Station, everyone overslept and slowed down. They could miss the train.

Everyone had packed their luggage with the right things and supplies for the new school year. Harry and Ron were taking their heavy suitcases, but Fred and George had enchanted theirs and moved through the air. George Weasley, like a good and little crazy boyfriend, enchanted and Marley's heavy suitcase. However, the three suitcases had hit Ginny on the head and she was falling two staircases forward. Mrs. Weasley, who was in bad mood all day, was even angrier now.

"BE CAREFUL, BOYS!" she yelled. "WHAT IF YOU HURT HER WORSE THAN THIS. YOU COULD HAVE DONE IT! PUT THE SUITCASES DOWN OR I WILL SHAVE YOUR HEADS!"

Fred and George removed the magic by staring at their mother, who was putting a patch on Ginny's face. After much time of vanity, especially after the party yesterday, in honour of Hermione and Ron, who became Prefects, they finally left Grimmauld Place and headed for Kings Cross Station. Marley and the others arrived in about twenty minutes, but they were slow to get past the barrier. When they found themselves on platform nine and three-quarters, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Tonks, and Mrs. Weasley were already there, waiting for them.

"I think no one followed us." said Alastor Moody. Sirius, in a form of big black dog, was sitting with his pink tongue out. Noelle and Brielle could have also came either in their animagi form, or like just normal people, but they refused and just said goodbye to Marley and Noen, before they left.

The warning whistle on Hogwarts Express echoed in the station and Mrs. Weasley urged everyone to get on the train and find a compartment. She told them to owl her sometimes. Fred and George were in a little rush and they dragged Marley after themselves. She had no idea why they were hurrying so much.

They got on the train along with Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny and Noen.

"Well, we don't have much times for talking." said George. "We need to find Lee and talk about your joke shop. We'll see you tonight on the Sorting ceremony."

And they again dragged Marley after them. The girl couldn't even say bye to Noen or Harry, what about the others. Ginny was watching badly her older brothers with her arms crossed. The red-haired boys finally stopped in front of a compartment. Lee Jordan and Angelina Johnson were there.

Suddenly, Marley remembered this was their final year at Hogwarts, while she had one more. It meant, one year she will study at Hogwarts without her best friends. Well, that sucks.

"Hey, Marley!" on Angelina's face shone a smile, after seeing her best friend. The blak girl stood up and quickly hugged Marley. "How was your summer? Did it go well? Oh, what are your OWL results? Why didn't you owl me in the summer?"

"I'm sorry, Lina." replied Marley and sat opposite her. George was sitting beside her, with Fred by his right side and Lee in front of them. "I was so so busy in the summer and didn't actually had time to owl. But I have seven Outstanding and three Exceed Expectations."