Meal

North Korea's POV:

I slowly woke up. I didn't had any nightmares this time which I'm very grateful. I sat up slowly trying to not hurt myself. I look out the window to see a few rays of sunlight as the sun rises. I look to the side to see a sleeping China. She was still sitting in the chair, had her head on the bed, and was still holding my hand. I felt happy that she's here with me. Like South she makes me feel safe.

I couldn't help but stare at her peaceful face. She started to stir and woke up with a yawn. She then noticed me staring and jumped. "Aaah! North Korea you scared me," she said blushing. I feel bad I made China get scared of me. I looked away. "I'm sorry," I responded sadly. "It's fine North, no need to apologise," she said trying to make me feel better. It worked because now faced her with a smile.

The door got opened and in came a nurse with a tray of food. "Good morning" she said cheerfully before setting the food tray in the night stand. "Here's your breakfast North Korea" the nurse said with a smile. She turned to China and said, "if you want breakfast you'll have to go to the cafeteria, sorry." China said it was fine. The nurse left us alone.

I sighed and looked at the food. It was oatmeal with some juice and crackers. China gave me the tray, letting go of my hand in the process but I feel better now so I'm not that worried. She put it on my lap. "I'm not hungry," I murmured. I guess I got used to not eating during those times I was kidnapped. "Come on North you have to eat a little, please," China begged.

Before I could respond my stomach growled loudly. I felt myself blush heavily. China chuckled a little and it made me look away in embarrassment. "Your stomach says otherwise," she said with amusement in her voice. I sighed and agreed to eat a bit.

When I went to get the plastic spoon my right shoulder felt a sudden pain, I hissed in pain. "North are you alright?!?" China asked worriedly. "Ngh.... Y-yeah I'm f-fine," I stutter because of the pain. "I'll go get a doctor," she said before leaving.

I was alone and dread filled me. I'm afraid that China is going to leave me. What if she got tired of me and used this as an excuse to leave me? What if I'm too much of a nuisance for her? I felt tears welding up in my eye. My body started shaking of fear than of pain. For a moment I forgot about the pain in my shoulder because I'm more worried about being alone right now or abandoned.

Before I let the tears fall down China and the doctor came back. I sighed in relief when I saw China. The doctor took out a syringe which made me want to flinch because it reminded me when Jamaica's followers forced feed me, but I didn't. He injected the substance into my shoulder. Soon I felt my body become a bit numb especially in my right shoulder.

"Do you know why he was in pain?" China asked the doctor. "It's because he has been burned there and the wound hasn't fullied heal," the doctor responded while taking some more notes and left.

China turned to me and wiped away some of my tears with her sleeves. "Did it hurt that badly?" she asked worriedly. I shake my head. "I.... I was more worried about you le-leaving," I whispered with sadness in my voice. "I'm soo sorry North I forgot you hate being alone!" China started saying, "don't worry I won't leave you." That made me smile a little.

I looked at the food to notice a problem. "U-um China? I think I may have a problem," I said. China looks at me with a confused expression. "My arms are too numb to get the spoon," I quietly said. China thought for a moment before grabbing the spoon and getting a spoonful of oatmeal. "I guess I'll have to feed you," she said in a quiet shy voice, "i-is that ok with you?" She had an obvious blush all over her face. I nodded in agreement. I opened my mouth so China can feed me. We were both very uncomfortable with this. It was really akward whenever China had to clean my face from the oatmeal. We both blush whenever she cleans my face.

I had only gotten to half of the oatmeal before I was full. China didn't push me to eat more since it's better to take it slow since I got use to not eating much. China was fiddling with her hands a little before saying, "is it ok if I eat the crackers?" I responded, "yes, of course you can eat them. I'm not hungry anyways." China grabbed the crackers before happily munching on them.

I smiled at her then remembered Jamaica and frowned a little. "Hey what's wrong North?" China asked me. "It's nothing, don't worry about it," I responded. China sighed, "North you seemed troubled please tell me what's on your mind." I sighed and gave in. "I'm worried if Jamaica would come back and hurt me or my brother," I responded. China opened her mouth to respond when the door opened and someone with a familiar voice said,

"Don't worry about him he won't do anything because I killed him."

What's this? another chapter! Welp I have motivation to do some wholesome shipping.

Welp I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!
('。∩')

Word count: 962