↘︎ chapter fifty-three

53 | Mad People day

The next morning, Marley Macmillan came down much later for breakfast. Eight o'clock had passed already, but she quickly saw Fred, George, Lina and Lee Jordan sitting on the Gryffindor table. The girl yawned and sat down at the table and George politely handed her schedule.

"It could have been better." he said. "We also have free periods on Wednesday."

Marley filled her plate with some toast and took the jug with coffee, spilling some in her cup. Then when she bit her toast, she looked at her schedule for the day.

9.00 - 10.00 Free period
10.30 - 11.30 Potions
12. 00 - 13.00 Potions
13.00 - 14.30 Lunch
14.30 - 15.30 Study for Ancient Runes
16.00 - 17.00 Charms

"You're probably kidding me!" she exclaimed and exhaled noisy. "I don't have classes until ten thirty in the morning. What am I supposed to do? And I'm starting my week with Snape. Amazing."

"Tomorrow we have Quidditch practise." said George, looking at her schedule. Marley was looking at it and she was getting kind of disappointed with her schedule. Wednesday didn't look like a real tempting and nice day. Double DADA classes with this lonely cat lover with pink cardigan. Marley didn't really like her yesterday. Then she had free period and lunch, double Potions and that was it. At least, it didn't look so laden. Or at least she hoped so.

"And guess who is the new captain, Marley." suddenly joined Angelina Johnson, smiling proudly. Marley just frowned and Fred laughed a cough.

"Lina." he said.

"Fred! You weren't supposed to tell her! I was!"

"Wait, really?" exclaimed happily Marley. She'd like to stand up from the bench and hug her best friend from happiness. She was sure Lina would be an amazing captain. "I'm so happy for you! Did McGonagall tell you this?"

Lina nodded with her head smiling."Yes, while your ass was still sleeping in your comfortable bed. At least you have time until ten thirty and can sleep if you like."

"No, thanks." Marley wrinkled her nose. "I don't feel tired. But I better find something to do. Maybe I'd go to the library. Hey, at least Hermione is not that obsessive about S.P.E.W. like last year."

"Don't dare the fate." whispered Lee Jordan, looking at Hermione, Harry and Ron having breakfast not far from them. Suddenly, Marley felt another presence next to her and when she turned to see what was going on, she saw Ginny Weasley with a nice smile on her face.

"I heard you have free period." she said. "I also have. Do you want to spend it with me? I have nothing to do."

"Yes, I'd love to, Gin." Marley replied, smiling. Fred and George greeted their younger sister but when Ginny saw George, she just frowned again and looked away from him. George seemed annoyed but Lina and Lee were bursting out laughing.

"What happened, George?" grinned Lee. "You told her some wrong advice about dates and now Ginny is mad at you?"

"Don't be silly, Lee!" joined Lina, her face was red from laughing. The girl couldn't stop herself. "George doesn't have good experience with dates."

"That's not true!" George exclaimed, quite offended. "I take Marley to amazing dates in Hogsmeade. We drink Butterbeer and I pay the bill. But Fred is always with us and that's why the dates are not exactly dates. *Ginny rolls her eyes* Oh, Gin, come on! Talk to me! You can't be mad at me forever!"

"I can." she answered, raising up proudly her chin. The fourth-year girl refused to look her older brother in the eyes. "Your shitty suitcase hit me in the head yesterday and I was falling two staircases forward. And, you always steal Marley from me. I couldn't have some girls' time with her because of you."