Leading up to the Disappearance

Touya had been missing for almost 3 months now. He was only 19 so everyone was really freaked out when Touya missed school the first two weeks. Your class was so close to graduation but you knew how things had gotten hard for Touya, you two were close in the classroom so you never liked Endeavor at all. Referring to his kids as creations. Things. Property. It was the most irritating thing you had ever heard come out of any adults mouth.

When Endeavor came to pick Touya up early from school a week before his disappearance, Touya had a burn on her shoulder and seeing that you followed him to the front where you stood small compared to Endeavor. Did this scare you? Sure! But no more than knowing your classmate was being tormented at home!! So, you confronted Endeavor.

"Your children are not your "creations" they're human beings and treating them like your damn property isn't hero like at all! If you wanted children just so they could hold onto your petty grudges, dying dreams, and shitty expectations, you shouldn't have even married or been born in the first place!" It was that day that you realized Endeavor could have easily been a terrifyingly destructive villain if he had wanted to.

His gaze was the most nerve wracking and terrifying thing you have ever encountered but you refused to back away simply because you cared too much for your classmate to chicken out and back down from your words! He was going to, possibly, lay a hand on you but — to your surprise — Touya did it for him. You were so fixated on standing your ground to Endeavor you didn't realize Touya gearing up to attack you.

He punched you so hard in the gut you flung backwards and rolled to a stop almost 15 feet away. Your heart ached so badly for him but you knew why he did it. That didn't help the fact that you didn't see an ounce of that happy, caring, and stubborn idiot from the first year of U.A. High in his eyes any longer. They were a pale blue, like a sad ocean turning gray with garbage. Garbage that Endeavor dumped onto him.

You watched them walk out as Endeavor praised Touya and a couple other classmates ran to help you up. You began to cry but not because you were seriously injured, in fact Touya had just put enough force into the punch to sling you back and make it seem harmful, you cried because you knew you couldn't help your classmate. Your friend. You couldn't save him from that demon that was watching over him. It was aggravating and the most you could do was start crying. Bawling.

That next week, whenever you tried to get close to Touya, your classmates stopped you under the assumption that Touya was turning abusive like his father. That last day you saw him though, you were in the U.A. High personal gymnasium doing endurance exercises by yourself and Touya had made his way inside. You were wiping the sweat from your forehead when he grabbed the ends of the towel behind you and held them tightly to your eyes and pulled you back into him.

Not knowing it was him, you tried to fire off your quirk but only felt a warning burn on your side that made you realize it was him. "Touya! What're you doing!? Let the towel go I wanna talk!" You whined to him but you could tell it didn't help anything.

He sighed close to you. "No. I can't bare for you to look at me and I can't bare to look at you in the eyes after what I did to you."

"That wasn't your fault! You were only trying to protect me because I shot my mouth off to your Dad! I tried to tell everyone else that but they won't listen!!"

There was an eerie silence that afternoon, you knew something wasn't right but you didn't want to run him off by yelling or acting like you hated him by fighting him. "Maybe it's for the best. Everyone thinks I'll become my father. My mother is terrified of me and the right half of my little brother. It's... upsetting. I'll be out of there soon though so don't worry about me. I can tell by the way you've been acting the last two days that you're not focused on the graduation. You should be."

"What's going on Touya? Please tell me. You're worrying me more by not telling me."

"Just... it's nothing. Sorry. Goodbye."

And that conversation is the last you heard from him. He had left in such a hurry that you couldn't even follow nor find him outside the gymnasium. You weren't about to give up on the search though. Endeavor hadn't even called in about his sons disappearance and that was rightfully worrisome.

~

A week before Graduation, you decided you would pay a visit to the Todoroki household. Once at the door, you found yourself seemingly paralyzed with fear of what Endeavor would do to you when you confronted him. You shook your fears away however and went to knock on the door only to be greeted by the number two hero opening the door just as you knocked. He looked down at you with that intimidating glare but you stood tall nonetheless.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded in a harsh tone.

"I was... wondering if Touya was going. To come to the graduation still. We haven't seen him at all in the last few months."

Endeavor scoffed as if Touya had never existed. "I don't know. Nor do I care. He was a failed attempt at a hero to surpass me and defeat All Might."

Your blood began to bowl with rage as you stood in his way when he tried to walk past you. "If he's missing or hurt and you haven't bothered to report it to the police, you are a sick piece of shit that should be rotting in jail like the villains you so easily step on to get where you are, you useless, bitter, arrogant old man."

Endeavors hellfire grew enormously as he glared at you. "Move out of my way girl before I make you."

"You are disgusting." You scoffed at him as you moved. He walked past you, the ground sizzling beneath him, as he huffed in rage.

With the door still open, you slipped into the home of the number two hero and greeted Touya's sister who had no problem with showing you to Touya's room. Inside there was little to recognize since the room was being stripped as if desperately erasing a bad memory. Whatever you could find there would help you begin your search.

1139 words written