3

Isabelle's POV

The next morning, I awoke still in Sansa's bed but without Sansa next to me. I was somewhat disappointed for I quite enjoyed spending the night with her. It felt nice to be with my best friend again. I removed the blankets from my body and grabbed my boots and slipped them on, before grabbing my sword and leaving the room.

As I walked down the steps, I saw Sansa talking to a boy I didn't recognise. I instantly grew protective and tightened the grip on my sword as I walked towards them. I was about to speak when I watched the boy hold out a rose in front of her. She took it from him and said thank you.

The boy looked at me, looked at my sword and then back to me. "Should a girl, really be wielding a sword? Do you even know how to use that thing?" He asked crossing his arms.

I unsheathed my sword and held it so the blade was facing upwards, and I looked up at the sharp blade. I lowered my sword and looked at him. "I guess so." I shrugged.

"What do you mean, you guess so? Do you know how to kill someone, or something?"

"Just, stab them with the pointy end."

I heard laughter from behind me and I saw Arya hiding behind a wall. I turned back around and the boy looked disgusted. "I ought to teach you, how to use that sword."

"If you think a girl is capable of learning, then I happily accept your lesson."

I glanced towards Sansa and she was using her hand to hide the smile on her face, I just stood there, waiting patiently. He looked rather surprised that I would allow him to teach me. He heard Sansa start to giggle and he stood up straight.

"Very well. Follow me outside."

I did as he said,and followed him into the courtyard. Everyone was piling things into wagons and carts. I turned my head to the left and saw Brienne walking towards us...And she looked angry. Here we go again.

Before she could say anything, the boy demanded one of the fighting men give him a sword.

"How can you teach me to use a sword, if you don't have your own?"

The boy ignored my question, instead opting for a dirty look. We stood in front of each other and I gripped  the hilt of my sword firmly and got into my stance. I watched as he stood there, looking somewhat lost. I watched as he held on to his sword but by his posture I could tell he was holding it wrong.

"Are you ready?" I asked growing rather impatient with him trying to figure out how to hold it.

"I should be the one asking you that question, girl." He said getting angry before lunging me, not even giving me the chance to prepare.

I swiftly side stepped out of the way, causing the boy to almost fall over.He turned back around and lunged at me again but once more, I just side stepped out of the way. He quickly lunged but then moved to the side at the same time I did, learning that I would side step, he tried to hit me with his sword but I parried his attempt.

He stopped fighting for a moment and ran a hand through his hair, I quickly took this chance to lunge at him and he quickly tried attempting to parry my shots but his sword was going in all sorts of different directions, it was getting harder and harder for me to not accidentally stab him or kill him.

He began to panic as he started to just move backwards. He wasn't thinking about his movement and he wasn't in complete control over his weapon.

"Stop moving backwards." I shouted at him. "If you do, I'm going to end up killing you. Move to the left or to the right."

He ignored me as he was too focused on trying to block my attempts at stabbing him. I had enough of this, I wasn't going to kill someone who was so defenseless.  I waited for the right time and then I used my sword to knock the sword he was using out of his hands and then I lunged forward and pushed him against the wall. My blade against his throat.

He held his hands up in surrender and he looked terrified. I smiled at him sweetly and took a step back. "That was a great first lesson. When is our second?"

He didn't reply. He just stared at me.

"Oh right." I moved the sword from his throat and he pushed me away and quickly ran. I heard a few people laughing as I sheathed my sword.

I felt someone place their hand on my shoulder and I looked up to see Brienne, looking down at me proudly.

"Great foot movement." Is all she said before walking away.

She began to shout orders and tell everyone we would be leaving shortly. I went to walk over to Brienne, but Sansa stopped me.

"You are riding with me and my family." I gave her a look of confusion but she gestured to the necklace around my neck. "You're my knight, remember. You are to stay with me and protect me."

I smiled at her and nodded my head. "Of course, Lady Sansa."

I followed Sansa back inside as the final preparations for the journey were being completed. I was hoping that I would find out where we were going and what was happening, soon..But even if I didn't, I didn't care that much all I cared about was I got Sansa there safely.

I would, do anything to protect Sansa.

And I mean, anything.