16

Isabelle's POV

The next morning, I was startled awake by Joffrey standing over me, he had been watching me sleep and I wondered how long he had been there for. When he realised I was awake, he stood back and gave me a disgusted look.

"Finally, you're awake. Come, I need you."

"Seriously?"

Joffrey just continued to stare at me and before I knew it, he had grabbed me by the hair and he pulled me out of bed.

He threw me to the floor and straddled me, his hands firmly wrapped around my neck, choking me. "You dare defy your King? Again?" He snarled as he squeezed tighter.

I could feel myself becoming weaker as he choked the life out of me, so using the small amount of strength I had left, I slapped him across the face because that's all I could do. He released his grip on me and moved so he was sat beside me, holding his cheek in shock, for it had been a while since I fought back.

I coughed and tried to get as much oxygen into my body as I possibly could before the attack started again. I reached a hand up to my bed and used it to help myself up. I shakily turned around and looked down to see Joffrey still sat there.

"I'm sure Sansa will appreciate the surprise I have in store for her." He finally said as he looked up at me. He stood up slowly and walked towards my door.

"Please, don't hurt her." I begged weakly running towards the door and blocking him from leaving.

"Oh please, you really think I'd hurt my precious Sansa? Trust me, she absolutely loves it rough." He smirked, trying to get a reaction from me. It was taking so much strength inside of me not to punch him.

"Your Highness, please." I begged again. "She means the absolute world to me. Do not punish her for the things I have done. Punish me."

"Oh but this is me punishing you. Knowing the things I do to her, eat you up inside, knowing you can't stop thinking about it, knowing it hurts you and there's not a damn thing you can do about it, makes it your punishment."

"Don't punish me by punishing her." I could feel the tears threatening to spill but I did not want him to see me cry. "I made a mistake in slapping you, I apologise but please...Please don't hurt her."

Joffrey took a step backwards and stared at me. His eyes narrowed as he tilted his head to the side...Then a look of realisation appeared. "You love her?"

"Of course, she...I...I may not be her friend or her knight but I will always love her and care about her as if we were friends."

"No, no." Joffrey said quickly and shook his head. "Are you  in love with her?"

"I-I-I." I began to stutter and I couldn't deny nor admit my feelings.

"You're attracted to girls? How disgusting." Joffrey said before moving closer and smashing my head against the hard, wooden door.

He caught me before  I fell and began to punch and kick me, for the first time, he was hitting my face. Somewhere he never dared to touch in case people asked questions, but little did he know that Cersei asked questions whenever she saw my naked body.

I spat the blood out of my mouth as my door burst open and Joffrey quickly stepped away from me.

"What in the seven hells?" Sansa exclaimed as she rushed to my side, catching me just before my legs gave out. She slowly lowered me to the ground and continued to hold me, she used her hand to wipe some of the blood away. Looking up at her, I had never seen her so angry before.