26

Isabelle's POV

A week had passed since Cersei killed Eden. I still couldn't process what happened, the look of pain and terror in Eden's eyes, the blood seeping through her fingers as she tried her best to stop the bleeding, the way she sounded as choked on her own blood, the way she barely managed to say the words "help me" before she died.

I didn't know Cersei was capable of such a thing, it made me sick, it made me angry but most of all, it scared me. It felt like she knew that Sansa and I had interacted in a way that she didn't like, that what she did to Eden was a warning, I couldn't let her hurt Sansa, I couldn't let her kill her. I was terrified that, that is what would happen.

Since that night, I hadn't slept much. Nightmares haunted me, seeing the life slowly leave Eden's body. When I closed my eyes, I saw her, I could hear her...Like a constant whisper in my ear, begging for me to help her. It terrified me, her ghost was haunting me.

I sat on the steps of the garden, looking at the many flowers, remembering happier and better times before Cersei changed.

"You look awful."

I looked up to see Joffrey stood in front of me.

"Thank you."

"What's the matter?"

"Why do you care?"

"I don't." He said as he sat next to me. "But I do enjoy your unhappiness. I say, you're very close with Margaery aren't you?"

"When my father died, I was taken to Highgarden. She raised me with Renly."

"It must kill you to know that I will basically be your step father then." He laughed.

"You are nothing but an annoying bastard." I said turning my head to look at him, he looked pissed and for the first time since last week, I smiled.

"Yes, well, Margaery will be a great fuck...I do wonder, with a pretty face like that, will she like it rough? I bet she's a dirty little whore in the bedroom."

Without even hesitating, I tackled him, sending us both rolling down the steps. We landed on the grass and I was quick to straddle him, throwing hard punches. He brought his arms up, protecting his face but I used my hand to move his arms.

"Isabelle!"

"Stop this at once!"

Cersei, Margaery and Olenna's voices were shouting loud but I didn't care, I just continued to rain down punches on the little bastard.

I swung wildly as I was pulled off of him, I accidentally elbowed whoever had removed me from Joffrey, in the face. I turned around quickly to see Margaery holding her cheek, staring at me in shock.

"I-"

I tried to apologise but Margaery turned around and walked away. I turned to Olenna who gave me a disappointed look before following Margaery. I looked down at Cersei who was kneeling beside Joffrey, she looked up at me horrified.

"Why? Why did you do it?"

"He fucking deserved it, next time, I'll fucking kill him." I warned before running towards the castle so I could apologise to Margaery.

"Margaery." I shouted before she and Olenna could turn a corner.

"I'm not mad, don't worry." She said slowly turning around, her hand still against her cheek. "I'm just shocked."

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you...I was just lost in the moment. I would never hurt you. I'm so so so sorry."

"But why would you hurt him?"