10

Isabelle's POV

It was dark. Very dark. I couldn't move, yet I could feel the softness of a blanket over me. The cotton sheets beneath me. I tried to speak but it was like one of those dreams where you try to scream but there's no sound. As scary as it was, I didn't panic. I just felt calm. I felt peaceful. I was in no pain.

Was I dead? Was this the afterlife? Just feeling softness but remaining in the dark? No angels, no Gods, no light. Just, nothing.

I jumped slightly, at least I think I did, as I felt a cold wet cloth against my skin. It felt good, it felt refreshing, I didn't realise how hot I was until the water cooled me down. I relaxed even more as the cloth was moved gently around my face, I was disappointed when it was removed but then I heard water dripping and then the cloth was back on my face...But then I heard humming.

"I have loved all this past year, so that I may love no more. I have sighed, many a sigh, beloved for thy pity. My love is never thee nearer, and that me grieveth sore.  Sweet loved one, think on me. I have loved thee long."

She was about to sing again but I heard the sound of a door opening and I was surprised at who I heard singing.

"Lady Sansa, you should rest."

"I can't just leave her."

"It's late."

"I don't care." I felt, who I believe was Sansa, move some hair and gently placed her hand on my cheek. "I'm not leaving her."

"Sansa." I heard Arya say, her voice breaking. "Please, I need you."

It's okay, Sansa. I'll be okay. Go comfort your sister.

Sansa's hand moved to mine, she intertwined our fingers. I tried the best I could to squeeze her hand, let her know I could hear her. Let her know I was okay, but I couldn't. Sansa sighed and then I felt her lips on my forehead. "I'll be back tomorrow, Isabelle. I promise. Please, please be okay."

I felt wetness drop on me but it was quickly wiped away, my heart hurt that she was crying and I couldn't comfort her. I hated how stupid I was to just leave. I hated how I focused so much on Cersei when I should have been focusing on Sansa. I'm such a fool.

I heard the door close and once again, I was left alone with no sense of time. Just the silence and the darkness....And my own thoughts.

Brienne was probably livid with me. Maybe even disappointed. Joffrey probably hopes I die. Cersei...I don't know how she'd feel...Stop. I need to stop thinking about her. Brienne was right, I was getting too close to her. This would end badly...Probably with my head removed from my body.

I didn't know how long had passed but I felt a presence with me. It was silent at first but then I heard soft crying, then a hand in mine with the other on top.

"I'm sorry. This is all my fault."

Cersei?

"I should not have taken my anger and sadness out on you. You have been nothing but kind to me since you arrived here, but I, I was a horrid person to you, yesterday. I'm sorry. I pray every moment to the Gods that you will be alright and I hope they hear my prayers. I have already lost my husband, I will not lose you as well."

Why was she acting as if we had known each other for many years? We hardly knew each other, I knew it was daft of me to think such a thing because I also felt this rather strong connection she was also feeling...I just...I just needed to...

"Isabelle?"

Squeeze her hand.

"Isabelle, if you can hear me, please squeeze my hand  again."