7

Isabelle's POV

After I had been measured for some clothes, and also being pricked a few times with pins, Cersei and I went to see Sir Jaime about the horses. When we arrived at the stables, he was running his hand through the gorgeous black mane of the horse that was beside him. He smiled when he noticed Cersei and I.

"What took you so long?"

"We were getting Isabelle measured for some new clothes." Cersei answered as she walked towards the horse and gently stroked it. "How's my boy, Arion doing?"

"He could do with some exercise, I'll take him out. There doesn't seem to be a spare horse at the moment. They're all being prepped and ready for war."

"Wa-War?" I stuttered, I wasn't scared...I was just shocked. I wasn't expecting there to be a war or any battles while I was here.

"Not to worry, Ser Isabelle." Jaime said with a reassuring smile. "It's merely just getting them fitted for armor and doing some training. Arion here, is a special horse and he doesn't participate in any wars or battles, or anything of the sort that could bring him great harm."

"He's my horse." Cersei said turning around to look at me. "It's not very often I get to ride him or spend time with him anymore, a Queen has duties that do not involve her horse sadly." She turned back around to look at Jaime. "Isabelle and I will take Arion out. With Robert distracted with Ned...I'll have some sort of freedom to do as I please for once, won't I?"

"As you wish, your highness." Jaime said bowing his head before walking into the stables and getting everything we would need.

As I looked at the horse, I suddenly began to feel sick and slightly dizzy. I leaned up against the stables, taking slow, deep breaths as I did so. My head began to hurt again, the hammers banging away at my skull returning. I groaned in pain and slid down to the ground, grabbing my head as I did so.

"Are you alright?" I heard Cersei say. I looked up to see she had crouched down beside me and she has a worried look on her face. "What's the matter?"

Before I could answer, a flask was thrown at my feet. I looked behind Cersei to see Jaime stood there with a small grin on his face. "You need water, too much alcohol fucks with your head like that. It'll soon pass."

Cersei grabbed the flask and opened it for me, she held the flask to my lips and I took small sips. I began to feel somewhat better as the cool water entered into my body. I let go of the flask and Cersei handed it back to Jaime as I stood back up. I held my hand out to Cersei, offering her my assistance. She grabbed my hand and I helped her to stand but she lost her balance and fell forward, luckily I was quick enough to wrap my arms around her waist and stop her falling entirely.

"Thank you." She said quietly, looking into my eyes.

My heart began to pound again as I just stared deep into her beautiful green eyes. I couldn't speak, I was captivated by the way they looked. It was as if she was staring deep into my soul. My arms were still wrapped around her, both of us weren't showing signs of moving anytime soon. Her eyes flickered downwards and my breath caught in my throat, it looked like she was slowly leaning in but Jaime coughed, causing us to break apart.

"Arion, is ready for you." He said.

"Thank you, shall we go now, Ser Isabelle?"

"If that's what you want." I replied, glancing over at Jaime who was giving me a rather dirty look.

I helped Cersei on to her horse before lifting myself up. I was sat behind her, being able to keep an eye on her, making sure she wouldn't fall. I took the reins and gently kicked my feet and led Arion to where I wanted him to go.

This was my first time riding a horse by myself. I say by myself, but I really mean without Brienne. She was in the process of teaching me, I didn't want to let Cersei know that, I wanted her to think highly of me...I didn't know why. I never actually cared before what people thought of me. Only that they respect me and my decisions.

I wasn't going to take Arion too far away from the stables, just a few laps around their quite large field would do. I glanced at Cersei and she had the biggest smile on her face that I had ever seen. I gently kicked the horse again and Arion began to canter slightly faster.

"I wish I had some riding clothes, these days." Cersei said sadly. "I used to love riding my horses as a child."

"Can't you get yourself fitted?" I asked as I pulled Arion to move in a different direction.

"Robert would never allow me to do such a thing. "

"Considering you are a Queen, you don't exactly have much freedom in doing what you wish."

If you were my Queen, I would let you do whatever your heart desired.

My eyes widened and my grip on the reins tightened. Did I actually think that? I had never thought anything like that before, I didn't even entirely know what I meant by that, and I was the one who had thought it.

"What was that?" Cersei asked turning around slightly  to look at me.

My heart stopped beating for a moment, she had heard me.

Before I could think of an excuse, I looked up and into the distance to see Joffrey stood beside Sansa, an angry, bitter look on his face and in his hands...

"Is that my sword?" I asked, feeling my blood beginning to boil. That bastard had my sword.

I tried to turn Arion to move in the direction of where Joffrey was but he wouldn't move. No matter how hard I pulled or how much I gently kicked him, he would just turn back around again.

"Here, let me try." Cersei grabbed the reins from me and was about to turn so she was facing frontwards but she lost her balance and was about to fall off the horse. Luckily, once more I was there to save her. I grabbed her tightly and she was able to regain her balance and posture but I was not so lucky, as I moved quickly, I turned a little too much and my body weight shifted to one side, causing me to fall off the horse hard.

I held my side as I struggled to catch my breath. Cersei said my name multiple times, she asked if I was okay, multiple times but I was unable to respond. I heard Sansa shouting my name and I looked up to see she was running towards me...But she wasn't the only one.

Some of the knights were running towards us, followed by Ned.

Once I was able to catch my breath, I stood up slowly with the help of both Cersei and Sansa.

"Your Highness, you must come quick." One of the knights said.

"Why? What's the matter?"

"It's Robert." Ned spoke, I looked him up and down and saw he was covered in blood and he looked white as a sheet. "There has been a terrible accident."