34

Isabelle's POV

I was relieved to step off of the boat, I was beginning to grow bored and slightly agitated. I was beginning to feel cramped on this small boat, I was tempted multiple times to jump off but I wasn't exactly a confident swimmer...Especially in unknown waters. I'd give anything to be back in the cave with Sansa...I'd give anything to just be with Sansa again...Hopefully it wouldn't be much longer.

It had been just over two days since we left King's Landing and docked here in Meereen, I was surprised at how quick it was, well, I never did travel by boat so of course I was to think that traveling would be rather slow...Or maybe Essos wasn't as far across the sea as I had imagined.

As Varys and I walked down the long, winding paths of Meereen, I couldn't help but feel sorry for some of the people here. Most of the streets seemed to be in ruins, the paths were cracked, there was random objects scattered everywhere...People were just sitting and laying out in the streets...The streets were their home..

"I must warn you, child." Varys spoke, dragging my attention from a child that was sat all alone, playing with a handful of stones. "Most people here, they do not speak the common tongue, but do not worry, I will help you."

"How am I supposed to pick up another language so quickly, we're already here...You couldn't have told me this before we left or even during the journey here to at least prepare me slightly?" I asked a bit annoyed.

"Hush. We shall learn now. You only need to learn a few words, just the simple ones...Daenerys speaks our language so you needn't  worry about her."

"Okay...How about hello?"

"Rytsas."

"Rytsas." I repeated. "That was easy."

"Sepār kesrio syt mēre udir iksis easy, gaomas daor nūmāzma se rest kessa sagon, gaomagon daor jiōragon ahead hen aōla."

I stopped walking and just stared at Varys in shock, he walked a few steps before turning around, looking at me with his eyebrows raised.

"Now you're just being a cunt."

"Do not be mad because I'm more advanced in this language."

"I'm not mad."

"Pāsan ao."

"Please stop?" I asked running to catch up with him as he carried on walking. "Are you going to even tell me what you said."

"Learn Valyrian and you will know yourself."

"That's what I'm trying to do?"

"Alright, alright. Say this. Brōzio ñuha iksis ser Isabelle Bennett, azantys hen people."

"Brōzio ñuha iksis ser Isabelle Bennett, azantys hen people."

"Well done. That's your name and your title. Say it a few more times."

As we continued to walk down the streets, I repeated various words, sayings, sentences over and over. I grew frustrated quite a lot due to the fact that I could say the words yet I couldn't remember some of them and I kept confusing words with others or even saying words I hadn't even learned yet.

"Ziry iksos iā pleasure naejot pyghagon ao."

"It's a pleasure to beat me? Oh Isabelle and I thought we were friends."

"Don't be sarcastic you utter donkey. I meant to say meet."

Varys scolded me for calling him a donkey but I didn't pay attention, my focus was on a woman who was holding her baby close to her chest. I walked towards them and knelt down. The woman looked at me, rather alarmed.