28

Isabelle's POV

I stared in the mirror, fixing my chest plate so it was comfortable. I was trying so hard not to cry.

I held Sansa close, smiling as I kissed her. This felt right. She broke the kiss and rested her head on my bare chest. "I love you."

"And I love you." I replied, kissing the top of her head as I wrapped my arm around her and began to stroke her bare arm.

"I wish we could stay like this forever."

"Me too."

I quickly wiped a tear before it could roll down my cheek. I let out a shaky breath as I turned around when I heard the door to my bedroom open. Margaery walked in, giving me a sad look. I looked away quickly, knowing if I looked into her eyes, knowing if she held me and asked me if I was okay, that I would cry. I just stared at myself in the mirror, trying my best to calm myself down.

Margaery appeared in the mirror with me, she was stood beside me. She placed her hand on my shoulder and I bit my lip as I could feel my eyes stinging with the tears that longed for release. "It hurts so much." I finally managed to speak.

"I know." She replied.

"No matter what happens, you'll still love me, won't you?" Sansa asked as she sat up in bed, watching me get dressed.

"Of course." I replied, turning around. "It's going to hurt seeing you get married, it's going to kill me not being the one you're marrying...But we will be just fine."

Sansa stood up from the bed and walked towards me. She placed her hands gently on my face, she pecked my lips before resting her head on my shoulder. I wrapped my arms around her naked body, and kissed her bare shoulder.

"I don't think I tell you enough but I love you."

"You tell me every moment we're alone together." She replied with a soft laugh. "But I never tire of hearing it."

"I mean it. I love you. Being away from you for years...It killed me and I never want to do that again. When we met again, it felt like I had found a missing part of myself. You complete me. You make me feel alive, I feel safe when I'm with you. Nothing else matters to me when I'm with you. I could die happy right at this moment, knowing you love me like I love you, knowing you want me like I want you. Sansa...I'm far from perfect but you are perfection and I'm grateful to the Gods for blessing me with your love. There's no true way to put into words, just how much I love you...But I believe that I can show you..."

"I was stupid."

"For what?" Margaery asked as she smoothed down my cape.

"For acting like everything would be okay. That Sansa and I could be happy and together. I never realised just how hard today would be."

"It was never going to be easy, watching the person you love marry someone else, but you just have to remember...It's you that she loves. Trust Tyrion to not do anything, he knows you love her. He would never betray you like that and neither would she."

"But the thing is, I made a mistake."

"Mistakes can be fixed. You can solve almost any problem."

"I.."

I took Sansa's hand and knelt to the ground. "Sansa Stark, I swear on my life, I swear by the Gods, that I vow to love you, protect you, give you whatever your heart desires. I vow that I will always be faithful, that I will be yours forever. Looking at you, I know that it's you I want to spend forever with. I know in my heart that I am meant to be with you. Even if it never becomes possible, I at least want the chance to be completely yours for everyone to see. Will you marry me?"