39

Sansa's POV

Father wrapped his arms around me as I sobbed uncontrollably. I couldn't believe what just happened. I had just gotten Isabelle back and now she was taken from me again. My heart couldn't handle the pain, it felt like I was going to die. I had never felt so much pain in my heart...I already lost my mother, my brother, we still didn't know where Arya was...And now I had lost the one person that I truly loved with my entire heart and soul.

Jon gently placed Isabelle on the table and looked around the room, his eyes landing on me. "I can't promise anything, but I will do everything in my power to bring her back."

"How?" Margaery asked from beside Isabelle. "How can you possibly bring her back? She's dead. She has no heart beat, no pulse, she isn't breathing. Are you blind as well as an incompetent fool?"

"Your Grace..."

"Do not say a word." Margaery warned my father. "Do not try and defend him. If it wasn't for him and these idiots, she'd still be alive." Margaery then looked down at me. "How can you claim to love my daughter when you allowed them to leave her there on her own, You knew what that vile man was like, I mean for fucksake look at her." Margaery pointed at Isabelle, raising her voice. "Look at her face, look at her body!" She pulled Isabelle's vest up slightly to reveal countless cuts and bruises. "He tortured her...And then he killed her."

"He didn't." We all turned our attention to the door to see Edd holding a young man by the scruff of the neck. "This little cunt did."

I stared at him as he looked around terrified. Our eyes met and I didn't hesitate to grab the knife from my Father's sheath. Without even a second thought, I dragged the sharp blade across his throat.

"Sansa." My father said shocked.

I knelt down and used the dead man's clothes to clean the knife, I handed the knife back to my father and just stared at him. "What?"

He didn't answer, he just put his knife away. "Burn the body." He ordered.

"No." I said quickly turning to look at Edd. "You send the body back to Winterfell. You show him that he fucked up."

The room fell silent after Edd had left, dragging the body with him. Margaery refused to talk to me but I was thankful that she allowed me to stay with Isabelle...Jon had left a while ago, saying he needed to talk to someone, one by one, everyone started to leave until it was just Margaery and I.

We both sat either side of Isabelle, silently praying for a miracle, but I knew this was just time for us to say good bye.

"Lady Stark, Your Grace."

Margaery and I turned our attention to see Ser Davos and Jon stood by the door, a woman I had seen frequently wandering around but never really spoke to, stood behind them.

"This is Lady Melisandre." Jon said as he walked further into the room. "After much persuasion, she has very kindly offered to help."

I stood up quickly as she followed Jon inside the room. Her eyes never leaving Isabelle's body. She eventually looked at me and I smiled at her, hope filling my body.

"I'm not sure that I can bring her back."

"You brought me back." Jon said which surprised me. "Why can't you bring her back?"

"I may not be strong enough to bring someone else back."

"It doesn't hurt to try." Ser Davos said gently. "You did it once, I believe you can do it again."

"Please." I gently grabbed her wrist, gaining her attention. "Please, try."

"I've lost her once." Margaery said, her voice shaking slightly. "Please don't let me lose her again."

Melisandre sighed and lowered her red hood. "Alright. Please, help me undress her...I need to be able to fully heal her wounds first, any open wounds and she may die again and I'm not sure if I can bring back someone that I've already saved."

I looked at Margaery and she stood back, nodding her head, letting me know that I could undress Isabelle. As I removed her clothes, silent tears fell from my eyes as I looked at just how bad Ramsay had beaten her. So many cuts, so many bruises, she wasn't even sutured correctly...

With Margaery's help, I laid her back down on the table as Melisandre removed her cloak and handed it to Ser Davos, who both he and Jon had their backs turned as not to see Isabelle's naked body.

"Forgive me, if this doesn't work." She said as Jon handed her a bowl of water, making sure not to look at Isabelle. She used a rag to gently wash Isabelle's body, making sure she didn't miss any wounds.

Margaery took me by surprise by wrapping her arm around my waist as Melisandre grabbed some clippers and cut a lock of Isabelle's hair as she began to speak a foreign language. She placed Isabelle's hair gently into the fire. She did this two more times and then she grabbed a jug of water, washing her hair as she began to speak the foreign language again. My heart began to pound as she placed her hands over Isabelle's heart.

She finished speaking but nothing happened and I lost a little bit of hope, but she tried once again. Nothing happened...And again...Still nothing happened.

"Why isn't working? It should work!" I said finally losing it. "How can you bring him back but not her?! Why is he so special! You bitch!"

I went to slap her but Jon rushed over and pulled me away. He gently cupped my face, wiping my tears as I cried. "She tried. It's all she could've done."

"But she saved you..."

"I know, I'm sorry." He pulled me into his arms as I cried harder.

"I am deeply sorry." Melisandre apologised before leaving the room.

I pulled away from Jon's hug and sat down once more beside Isabelle. I gently stroked her wet hair as I looked down at her beautiful face, taking in her features one last time as Jon attempted to comfort Margaery.

I looked at my hand, the ring she had given me, remained in it's place, nobody had taken the time to notice or care about what it meant, seeing it as only another piece of jewelry but to me..It was so much more.

"I love you, Ser Isabelle Bennett, Knight Of The People. You brought so much joy and happiness into my life...Even if it was for a short while...But you did teach me what love is, you showed me what love is." I sniffled and grabbed her hand with my free hand, not taking my eyes off of her, not even for a second. "Father, Smith, Warrior, Mother, Maiden, Crone, Stranger, I am hers and she is mine, from this day until the end of my days." I lowered my head, not being able to look at her as my heart completely shattered into tiny pieces. "I love you."

I jumped slightly as a loud gasp surrounded the room. I looked up, to see Isabelle sat up, trying to catch her breath, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I looked at Margaery who looked just as shocked as I did.

"Isabelle."

Our eyes met and she gave me a weak smile. "I believe I got shot in the chest."

"Yes, you did." I said standing up and cupping her face gently and kissing her lips. "But you're alright."

"Sansa." She said quietly, placing her hand on my cheek preventing me from kissing her again. "You're crying."

"I thought I lost you..."

"You're never going to lose me, I promised didn't I?"

I nodded my head and went to kiss her again until I remembered Margaery and Jon were in the room.

I glanced towards them and Isabelle followed my gaze. "Mother."

Margaery hugged Isabelle and I stepped back, just watching the two of them. Jon walked towards me and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I believe you owe Lady Melisandre an apology."

I nodded my head. "Yes, alright."

I walked to the door, turning around one more time just to take in the fact the love of my life was alive again. Nothing else mattered to me any more, I had Isabelle back and that's all I cared about...For now anyway.

I was still going to kill that bastard Ramsay.