31

Isabelle's POV

"Better." Brienne said as I moved out of the way of her sword.

After I had finished telling Brienne everything that had happened here since she left, she thought it would be best if we did some training, otherwise she would kill Cersei and Joffrey and she was just like Ned, honorable, she didn't want to kill someone merely for revenge.

I missed this, training with her. It was such a fun thing to do and I always enjoyed learning new moves or improving my skills.

"I'm impressed." She said sheathing her sword. "You've improved greatly."

"It's strange because I haven't been training as much as I used to."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"It's been hard to train whilst dealing with all the shit I told you about."

"Isabelle." Brienne said disappointed. "Training and improving your skills as a fighter and as a knight should come first before anything else. It's one of the things I first taught you."

"But that's bullshit, as long as I maintain balance between training and whatever else, I don't see the problem."

"That's the problem itself, you don't see what's wrong. Yes, you have improved, but I caught you slacking multiple times and that's because you're not focusing completely. You may think you are but deep in your subconscious, you are thinking about whatever else is going on. That's what your brain is completely focused on. If you are to be a true knight, you need to eat, breathe and sleep training, you need to have training on your mind all the time in every aspect. Once you have finished your training, only then may you spend time doing whatever or whomever you want. Don't mistake you being an official knight as you having finished your training because you are far from being finished."

"But I don't need anymore training, I know the basics, isn't that enough?"

Brienne just stared at me. I knew that look all too well. Brienne quickly unsheathed her sword, taking me by surprise as she began to lunge at me. She was putting all of her knowledge into attacking me, she was doing moves that only I could dream of mastering. She did a move with her sword where it made it look like she was going to use only one hand but it was a trick for me to focus on that while she kicked me in the stomach.

I staggered backwards and Brienne ran towards me, her sword aimed directly at my chest, I panicked and waited for her sword to come into contact with my skin but instead  she spun around, lifting her sword above her head and kicked the back of my knee, sending  me to the ground. She knelt down on my arm, removing my sword from my hand as she pressed her blade against my neck.

"You're dead." Is all she said before standing up.

"Was that really necessary? That looked like it would have been all for show." I said sitting up. "I've never seen you move so quick."

"Exactly, because I've been taking it easy on you because you're still in training." She said re-sheathing her sword. "If you're in a fight, a real fight, you need to be quick, you need to be able to disorientate your opponent, you need to use your entire body. If you were even slightly advanced in your training, you would have been able to somewhat defend yourself except, my speed and the way I controlled both my body and sword, overwhelmed you and you panicked. You do that during a real fight and you are dead."

"I'm sorry, for not training."

"I don't want your words. I want you to show me you're sorry."

"I'll train everyday."

"Yes you will and I will make sure of it. Every morning at sunrise, we train until the afternoon."

"Are you joking?"