32

Isabelle's POV

The sound of footsteps echoing through the cells woke me from my sleep. Tyrion remained where he was as I hurried towards the front of the cell we were in, trying to see who was coming. I was somewhat pleased to see Cersei stood there with two guards beside her, maybe she would give me the chance to explain how it wasn't me.

"You killed him, didn't you?"

"No." I said shaking my head and wrapping my fingers around the cell bars. "I swear. It wasn't me nor Tyrion. You have to believe me."

"How can I? When a few weeks ago, you said to my son that you would kill him?"

"It was in the heat of the moment, it doesn't mean I'd actually do it."

"Maybe in the heat of the moment, of him embarrassing you, you found the time to poison him. Maybe in the heat of the moment, of him reading from Sansa's journal, exposing your little love affair, you became so outraged that you found the time to poison him..Or maybe, just maybe, it's been months of heat in the moments you've shared but yesterday was the final straw."

"No..Cersei please.."

"Part of me wants to rip your throat out with my bare hands, part of me wants to make you suffer like he did." Cersei said, her voice laced with so much anger. "Yet.." Her voice softened. "I know deep down inside, it wasn't you. I know Joffrey could make you angry, he could make us all angry, but it doesn't mean that we all killed him, does it? I know you, I know that you would only kill to protect, kill to defend, not kill because you were simply embarrassed or because your secrets had been exposed."

I felt some relief wash over me, knowing that she believed it wasn't me. She placed her hand over mine and gently stroked the back of my hand with her thumb.

"But you." She turned to Tyrion. "I know it was you, but I know that you didn't do this alone..And there's only one person missing, your wife. Her lover."

"It wasn't Sansa!"

"How can you be so sure?" Cersei asked turning her head to look at me again. "For all you know, they could have been having an affair behind your back. Maybe in the night, after they had fucked, they would devise a plan to kill my son."

"No." I said shaking my head. "It's not true."

"It really isn't." Tyrion said finally speaking up. "Unlike you, my dear sister, I don't like them quite as young."

Cersei froze, her eyes flickering between Tyrion and I. "What?" She finally managed to say.

"You really think I didn't know about the small affair that you and Isabelle had? I know I'm not the only one that knows."

"Be quiet."

"What's the matter, Cersei? Ashamed? You are, aren't you? How is it fair that Isabelle and Sansa's secret is shared with the entire kingdom, yet yours is not?"

I removed my hand as Cersei began to squeeze hard, I don't think she meant to hurt me but I wasn't willing to risk having my hand broken.

"You want secrets exposed? You want every truth to be free? Alright." Cersei said taking a step back. "Release her."

I was confused as a guard unlocked the cell door and dragged me out. They shut the door once again, keeping Tyrion inside. I turned my head to look back at Tyrion, he looked more confused than I did. I was led from the cells and up into the castle. As we walked through the castle, I was given a mixture of looks. Pity, shame, disgust, some of the words that were hurled my way made my skin crawl.

We reached the garden and I was thrown to the ground in front of Margaery and Olenna.

"Isabelle." Margaery gasped as she leaped from her chair and knelt down beside me.