19

Isabelle's POV

Two months had passed, they passed rather slowly. I think it was that way due to my excitement of seeing Margaery again. You know what they say, when you're looking forward to something, time goes slower, yet when you're having fun, time just passes you by.

Sansa and I have been working on our friendship, as much as my heart believed she loved me like I loved her, it in fact turns out she loves me as nothing but a friend. She tells me she loves me every day, in front of everyone, with so much confidence and she's not afraid to say it and nobody questions her, so it's fair to say she really does mean she loves me in a friend way.

Cersei has been keeping her distance the more time Sansa and I have spent together. I'm surprised I care as much as I do. I don't even love Cersei, I realise now that all I felt was lust.

My arm is still healing but it no longer hurts, I just have to wait for wound to be completely healed and hope that the wound doesn't open up again, therefore I still have to wear a bandage, which is slightly annoying because I always seem to catch it on something and then my bandage begins to unravel.

It was currently early afternoon and I was just staring out of the window, watching the people pass by, doing their jobs, little children running around, I was waiting for Margaery. I had missed her so much, I had also missed Brienne and I was sure that Brienne would be with her too.

"A gift, for the Knight Of The People." A voice said behind me.

I turned around and saw Ned hunched over as he held a silver plate with two goblets and a bottle of wine, wobbling slightly as he struggled to hold the plate steady.

I rushed over to him and grabbed the plate before he dropped them and I set them on the table that was next to me.

"Ned, what's wrong?" I asked as I helped him sit down. "I've never seen you in such a state before." I said, shocked as he looked up at me, cuts and bruises spread out across his face, worse than I had ever gotten. There was no way this was just Joffrey.

"You don't have to worry." Ned said with a painful yet reassuring smile. "Everything will be okay. Whatever happens, protect Sansa and find Arya."

Arya has been missing since the fighting at Ned's trial. Soldiers, Knights, even the general public have been trying to find her but she's nowhere to be seen. I know Sansa is worried, Ned is starting to get worried but I wasn't worried. She was a tough little warrior and I know that wherever she was, she was safe.

"Ned, you're talking like you're not going to be around for much longer." I said sadly.

"I'm afraid that's because I won't be."

"What?" I replied, both shocked and afraid.

"Cersei didn't want you finding out but, Jaime has been taken prisoner."

"By who?"

"Robb and his men." Ned smirked. "When word had gotten out about my imprisonment, both Robb and Catelyn sent letters of warning to Cersei, after the third time, Cersei had enough. She sent an army out to either kill my family or to take them prisoner. Luckily, I have a smart son and a smart wife. It was all a trap. They weren't planning on taking Jaime, that I'm sure of. If anything they wanted to kill Cersei's men...But got lucky enough with being able to kidnap Jaime. Now, Cersei wants her brother back. It's a trade. She gets Jaime and I'm free to go back to Winterfell."

"When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow and before you ask, no you cannot come. If things go wrong, I need someone I trust to look after my daughter. Someone I know that loves and respects her."