12

Isabelle's POV

I burst through the doors of Joffrey's room and quickly grabbed him by the throat. Using all of my strength to push him and hold him tightly against the wall.

"Unhand me, this instant. How dare you put your hand on your King." He barely managed to say.

"You're not King yet, your highness." I squeezed tighter, causing him to grasp on to my wrist and try and my pull my hand away. "Why did you lie? Why did you say such things about Ned? He is the most honorable man in all of the realms that exist. Why did you lie?!"

I squeezed even harder, causing Joffrey to sink to his knees. "I didn't li-lie. Look." He weakly pointed to his bed. where a piece of paper was rolled up neatly. Much to Joffrey's relief, I released my grip on him and walked over to his bed, focusing on the paper.

I carefully unrolled the paper and read quickly yet carefully, not wanting to miss a single detail. This was indeed, Ned's handwriting, the foul things he had written not only made my stomach churn but it made my heart drop, to know that everything that was said about him, was true.

He had committed treason, but how could he?

I glanced over at Joffrey who was slowly standing to his feet now that he managed to catch his breath. I rolled the paper back up and carefully placed it back on his bed.

"Please, forgive me your highness. I was acting out purely due to my emotional relationship with Ned. He was like a second father to me when I was a small child."

"As much as I dislike you...I am willing to forgive this...Crime you just committed. However, my forgiveness...It does come at a price." He smirked.

"And what price is that?"

Joffrey held his hand up and walked towards his bed, he crouched down and pulled a rather large box from underneath. I watched as he pulled the top of the box off, to reveal a great weapon. It was the most beautiful crossbow I had ever seen. He kicked the box to the side and moved so he was stood in front of me.

"Do you like it?" He asked as he aimed the crossbow. "It's marvelous isn't it?"

"Yes. It is." I nodded.

"I'm glad you think so. You see, the price is...You will..Be my way of getting out any anger and frustration I may have."

"I'm sorry? I don't quite understand."

"Of course you wouldn't." He said whilst rolling his eyes. "Just be aware, if I'm to summon you...You must come to me and let me do whatever it is, that I may want to do. Nothing sexual of course, I'll save that for my dear Sansa...Did you know just how rough she likes it?"

I lunged for him again but he quickly fired his crossbow, I was thankful he was a shit aim and the arrow just grazed my arm. Joffrey had a panicked look on his face, when he realised it would take longer than he'd like to replace the arrow he just shot.

"Don't you hurt her." I warned as I grabbed him by the throat again. "Do you understand?"

"Hit a nerve, did I? Why do you care so much? If you were just friends...I do not believe you would care so much...More like you'd be happy for her.."

"I'm not just her friend. I am her knight and my duty is to protect her. Protect her from anyone and that includes you."

"What's going on in here?"

I let go of Joffrey and turned around to see Cersei stood there, looking both worried and rather angry.

"Nothing. Just a fucked up soon to be King and his fucked up Mother."

I stormed out of the room, ignoring Cersei calling my name. I was sick of the sight of Joffrey, of Cersei, of this castle. I was sick of everything. I wanted to go home. I wanted to go back to Winterfell. I wanted to go back to Highgarden. I just wanted to get away from here.

"Isabelle, what's the matter." Brienne said as she quickly grabbed my arm, stopping me from going wherever it was that I was headed.

"I can't do this. It's like my life is slowly turning upside down. Everything was fine until we came here. I had a happy life in Highgarden. I felt safe and happy there."

"Slow down." Brienne said as brought a hand to my face and wiped my tears, I didn't even realise I was crying until now. "Why do you feel this way?"

"I have a bad feeling about Joffrey. He tried to shoot me with a crossbow...Fucking Ned committed treason and that's not like him. I...I think...I'm falling in love someone but I also have feelings for another. Everything is so confusing."

Brienne smiled and pulled me in for a hug, something I wasn't used to from her. "You've never experienced this before so everything is coming at you rather strongly and fast. It'll pass...As for Joffrey and Ned, I have my suspicions too...But not all is bad, you are a Knight."

"I don't deserve it. You do."

"I'll get it some day." She smiled. "I'm proud that you have achieved it. Now. it's a good job I found you. I have some news."

I sniffled and wiped my eyes as I watched the smile on her face turn serious. "I'm leaving tomorrow. Renly needs me."

My heart dropped and I just shook my head as more tears left my eyes. "You promised you'd never leave me. You said you'd always be there."

"You are not a child anymore. You don't need me."

"I may not be a child but I still need you. You're like the Mother I never got to have. But you know what, fuck you Brienne. Fuck off back to the man that will never love you. I always knew he would come before me."

I ignored Brienne as she called after me. I was so angry. I could punch something, or someone...And I knew just who to punch.

I had many confused looks aimed at me as I stormed through the many hallways of the castle, one thing, one person on my mind. I burst through the door and closed it behind me. I sat patiently on the bed and waited.

It wasn't long before the door opened and the person I was waiting for entered the room.

"What are you doing here?"

As I had waited, my anger had subsided slightly and I just become sad. I stood up and watched Cersei walk towards me.

"Your arm." She said as she gently rolled the sleeve up. "Oh, Isabelle. What is wrong with you Darling?"

"This place." I felt myself become angry again. "Brienne. Ned. Your son. You."

I could tell she was hurt slightly when I aimed my anger at her but I didn't care.

"Isabe-"

"Ned would never do such a thing. Someone here is lying." I started to raise my voice. "Please don't be lying to me Cersei. I beg."

Cersei gently cupped my face and stared deep into my eyes. "Would I, do this if I were lying to you?" She took me by surprise as she pushed her lips gently against mine. moving her hands so they rested against the back of my neck.

I pulled away from the kiss, confused. yet wanting more. Cersei stood back slightly and did the most unthinkable thing by slowly undoing her dress and letting it fall to the floor. She kissed the side of my mouth, teasing me slightly as she began to undo the laces on my vest. I lifted my arms and she pulled the vest over my head.

"Sit." She ordered.

I did as I was told and she straddled my lap and kissed me once more.

That night, was the most passion filled night of my life...I hated myself...Yet I liked it...And I wanted more. I wanted it to happen again.