48

Isabelle's POV

The battle was far more harder than we anticipated, there was far more wights than we anticipated. We had lost so many men already, I was scared. I had never seen so much death before.

I used my father's sword to defend against a wight, with the swords above us, I quickly used my new sword to kill it. I pulled my sword out just in time to defend myself against another wight. I looked around quickly, making sure there was no more coming for me.

I ran towards Brienne as I saw her struggling against two wights. I ran with my sword out, feeling some sort of satisfaction as my sword went through its body smoothly. I pulled it out and looked at Brienne who nodded her head at me in thanks before pushing me out of the way and killing a wight that was about to kill me.

I twirled my sword in my hand and began to jab and slice the wights that headed for us...But then I froze.

The battle continued around me but I couldn't move, the wights eyes landed on me, it ran towards me but I still couldn't move.

"Isabelle." Brienne shouted but I still didn't move. "Isabelle!"

Just as the wight was about to sink it's sword into me, it took me by surprise by turning it's attention to another wight that was about to kill me. The wight saved me by pushing it away, towards Brienne who killed it swiftly.

I stared at the wight that saved me and it stared at me.

I slowly walked towards it, taking a good look at it.

"Thank you." I said, as if it could understand me. "It's been so long...I never got to say good bye but now...The gods have given me this chance." My bottom lip wobbled and I held the dragonglass sword tightly. "Good bye, father. I love you." I sank the sword deep into my father's stomach, falling to my knees with him in my arms as he went limp.

The battle continued around me but I couldn't fight. I didn't have the strength to. I just looked down at my father's dead body. I pulled his body closer as I continued to cry harder and harder.

"Khaleesi!" I heard Jorah shout earning my attention.

I looked up to see Daenerys was injured, in front of me. I left my father's sword beside my father and stood up with the dragonglass sword in my hand, feeling anger surge through my body. I began to hack and slash my way through the many wights that stood between Daenerys and I. Blood began to cover my face but I didn't care. I eventually reached Daenerys who looked thankful to see me.

"Are you alright?" I asked, helping her to her feet.

"Yes, they hit Drogon and he managed to shake me off I hurt my leg during the fall."

"So you're not alright?"

"I'm alive, am I not?"

I quickly pulled Daenerys behind me as I killed another wight.

"Come on, we need to get within the walls, there's too many of them out here."

I pulled Daenerys's arm around my shoulders and began to lead her back to the castle as everyone began to fall back.

Out of nowhere a wight jumped in front of us, I looked around to see we were being surrounded.

"Come on then you cunts." I shouted as I let go of Danenerys.

They came for me at the same time but I used everything that Brienne had taught me to good use. Foot movement, defending, I side stepped and managed to kill one. I kicked another one's leg, using that small amount of time to kill another before I killed the one I had just kicked.

More and more wights surrounded us but somehow, I found the strength and energy to keep going.

"Daenerys!" Yara shouted running towards us.

"Get her to safety, her leg is injured." I said whilst trying to catch my breath,

Yara nodded her head and helped Daenerys the rest of the way to the castle as more wights ran at me.

I once again began to fight them, feeling my muscles ache and burn, my heart was pounding like it had never pounded before but I was not giving up, I was not losing today. I was not dying today.

Once there was an opening, I ran and I ran until I was in the castle walls. I fell to my knees, but I knew I couldn't rest, not yet. They would breach the walls, it was just a matter of time.

Just like magic, wights began to pile inside the wall, killing even more of our men.

I was pushed to the ground by a man that was being killed by a wight, my sword flew out of my hands, I tried to grab it but it just continued to be kicked away by the few men we had left and the wights that were after them.

"Shit, shit, shit." I stood up trying to find the chance to run for it but it was impossible.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Brienne fighting a wight with one lurking behind her.

I knew what I had to do.

I ran towards Brienne, shouting for her to look behind her. She heard me too late, there was no way she would be able to defend herself.

I threw myself in front of her, grunting in pain as the sword entered my stomach.

"NO! Brienne shouted as she quickly killed the wight that had stabbed me.

As the blood poured out of me, I refused to give up. I refused to let these creatures win. I shrugged Brienne off of me and walked towards where my sword laid, using my hand to try and contain the blood pouring out of me.

I continued to help defend Winterfell, my home, my family. The wights began to fall in numbers as everyone began to stand side by side with me, covering each other, defending each other. We had formed a circle and we were killing more wights, as a team.

Soon, there were no more wights, I looked around in both surprise and in euphoria. We had won.

I finally fell to my knees, in both exhaustion and pain. My wound was getting the better of me, but it was alright, for we won...Or so I thought.

All the wights stood up again, this time there was more of them, for the men we had lost had been turned too.

I weakly stood up, getting ready to fight again.

"I love you, Brienne." I said grabbing her hand.

"I love you too." She replied giving my hand a small squeeze. "I'm so proud of you."

I let out a shaky breath, waiting for the wights to attack but their attacks never came. Instead they all fell to the ground, as did Daenerys's dragon that had been turned to fight with them.

"What just happened?" I asked looking around confused. "Is it over?"

"I sure fucking hope so." Ygritte said from behind me.

I walked forward and kicked one of the wights, it didn't move. None of them did, relief washed over me, realising we did in fact win.

We won the fucking battle.