29

Isabelle's POV

It has been two weeks since Sansa and I had become engaged, only Margaery, Tyrion and Olenna knew. We were in no hurry to plan our wedding, we were in no hurry to be married in secret, we wanted to do at least try and do things properly, however the time wasn't right.

Now the kingdom were preparing for Margaery and Joffrey's wedding. I still hated the fact she would be marrying him. She deserved better and I made a habit of telling her and reminding her to be careful, but she would always remind me that she knew how to protect herself and that I shouldn't worry but I couldn't help it.

I walked through the castle, trying to avoid Cersei and trying to stop thinking about the bad things that might not even happen to Margaery at the hands of Joffrey. I felt like I was beginning to annoy some of the soldiers as I just continued to pace up and down the many corridors.

After one had given me a dirty look, I thought it be best that I should go to the garden...Even though I was at risk of having to spend some more time with Cersei. As I walked towards the garden, I heard faint shouting come from a nearby room.

I knew I shouldn't listen in but when I heard Cersei shouting back, I couldn't help but let my nosiness get the better of me. As soldiers walked past the room, I had to try my best to make it look like I wasn't eavesdropping. So I carefully removed my gauntlet and pretended to inspect both my now almost completely healed arm and the gauntlet.

"Do you know how sickening it was for me to suggest such a thing?" I heard a male voice ask, I was unable to tell who was speaking. "A woman to marry you? I should have you executed."

"You would execute your own daughter for wanting to marry for love? You would rather I go into another loveless marriage and be unhappy?"

"It's certainly better than that filth."

I realise now it was Tywin that she was speaking to, I knew there was something off when he spoke to me. Although I hate the fact he's someone who hates the love between either two men or two women, I am thankful about the fact he's against Cersei and I marrying. Hopefully this means he won't ask me again.

"You honestly have some nerve, Father. You're telling me who I should and shouldn't love, yet you were once like me. In love and having an affair with someone you couldn't be with."

"I was led down many wrong paths but luckily I had a Father that beat those vulgar feelings out of me...I should have done the same with you. How could I let my own daughter try and blackmail me into allowing a disgusting, vile marriage to happen. You're just like your Mother, insane."

"Don't speak about my Mother like that." Cersei said causing me to flinch as I heard a loud bang. "She loved you, even though she knew that you didn't love her. She was faithful, even though you were not faithful to her."

"Do not take that tone with me and don't you dare make such accusations. I was faithful and I did love your Mother."

"Then why did I catch you fucking her brother?"

My eyes widened in shock. Did I hear that correctly? I heard a loud slap and another loud bang.

"How dare you." I heard Tywin shout. "I should have beat some respect into you, years ago."

I heard another bang and I quickly barged into the room to see Tywin grabbing Cersei by the hair, a slight cut on her lip with a red mark on her face.

"Let her go." I said walking towards them. "Or I will let all of Weteros know about your little secret."

"Tell all of Westeros." Tywin said as he tightened his grip on Cersei. "I already payed for my crimes. Or so I thought, it looks like I'm still paying for them by having such a filthy." I flinched as he slapped Cersei. "Disgusting." Slap. "Vulgar." Slap.

With each slap I grew angrier, with each slap I warned him to stop but he didn't listen.

"Whore."

Before he could slap her once again, I threw my gauntlet at him before running  towards him. I jumped over the table that separated us and I tackled him to the ground. I didn't beat him, instead I just used all my strength to pin him down.

"Release him."

I stood up, allowing Tywin to stand to his feet. "How dare you put your hand on me." He said angrily as he smoothed his clothes out. "I'll have you executed too."

"Not in my kingdom you won't." Cersei said. I turned to look at her to see she was gently wiping the blood away from her lip. "I've let you bully me for too long. You are no Father of mine. I will give you the courtesy of attending your Grandson's wedding, I will give you the honor of providing him with the gift you are wishing to bestow upon him but once the celebrations are over, you are to leave and to never return to King's Landing."

"You can't do that. You need me."

"She may need you." I spoke up, not being able to hold back. "As a knight, I've had the great privilege of learning the defense tactics for if the city is attacked. You are a great commander. Your military knowledge is immense, but what you lack is the knowledge on being a great Father. She needs a Father in you more than she needs a military man but that's something you cannot provide. Your son, he is still a prisoner at the hands of the Starks but here you are, worrying about who your daughter loves and whom she wishes to marry, your priorities are wrong."

Twyin smirked and looked between Cersei and I. "She hasn't told you, yet. Has she?"

"Told me what?" I asked looking towards Cersei. "What haven't you told me?" I asked getting both angry and worried when she didn't reply.

When Cersei didn't reply, Twyin did. "Jaime, has been returned. He is remaining in his chambers until he recovers from...His ordeal, thankfully we have friends in many places and along with other events, we have recaptured, Ned Stark, he is in his old cell if you wish to see him."

Without another word, I ran out of the room and ran to the cells. My heart pounded with fear, all I could think about was the torture he must have been put through. What about Sansa, did she know? 

"Lord Stark?" I called out once I reached the cells.

"Isabelle."

I walked forward, my heart breaking as I saw him sat in the corner, his knees to his chest. He looked nothing like the man that I had seen before. He looked like a broken man. He was covered in blood but something inside me led me to believe it wasn't his.

"What happened?" I asked kneeling down, wrapping my fingers around the bars of his cell.

"They..." He could barely speak, his voice broke. "They're dead.."

"Who?"

"Ro..Robb...Catelyn...My unborn grandchild...They.."

"Ned.." I said sadly, resting my forehead on the cell. "I'm so sorry."

"They forced me to watch. My son, shot with arrows. His wife, my unborn grandchild, slaughtered. My wife." He no longer sounded broken, he was angry. I had never seen him or heard him, so angry. "Her throat was slit. They laughed as I held her body in my arms. They laughed as I held my son. They laughed as they ripped his wolf's head from it's body and sutured to his body, parading his body around. They laughed as I cried..." He paused and moved closer to me. "But they won't be laughing when they're dead. I have tried being kind, I have tried  being honorable, fuck being honorable. They're going to pay for what they have done to my family, they are going to pay for what they have done to my home. They will all pay."

"No.."

I quickly turned my head to the side as I heard a soft whisper in the dim light.

"No." The voice repeated this time closer. I stood up and my heart broke. "No, no, no."

I wrapped my arms around Sansa as the most broken cry escaped from her body as she fell to her knees. I kissed the top of her head as she gripped on to me tightly. "Mother." She cried, over and over. "Not my Mother."

I just held her as she cried, a few tears fell from my eyes but I was more angry than sad. I agreed with Ned, they will all pay. Whatever plan he came up with, I would help. The Lannisters and their allies must pay.