↘︎ chapter sixty-three

a/n: this is a gif of old Noelle if you forgot the cast.

63 | Fred and George's departure from Hogwarts

The May sun was beginning to warm the Hogwarts towers, and Marley Macmillan had just come of age. On April 30, she turned seventeen years old, which made her legally an adult and could now do magic outside of Hogwarts. Although there were no more meetings at DA, Marley was in a very good mood lately and nothing could ruin it. Even the damn frog Umbridge.

"Guess who got their exam!" she exclaimed happily, sitting on the Gryffindor table in the Great Hall one day. The OWLs exams were already a little over a month away, and in early May, Marley was taking her Apparition exam.

"Uhm, I'm not good at remembering little stuff." said George with a grin. "Can you remind me what exam did your little adult head took?"

"The Apparition exam, you silly rabbit." she said and took the jug with coffee. "Don't you remember the course I took after the Christmas holidays? It cost 12 galleons but it was worth it."

"We're very proud you." smiled Angelina and took a bite of her toast. "I still can't believe my little best friend has grown up so much."

"No, I didn't." shook her head Marley. "Let's leave the topic. Do you have any plans for today? After classes?"

"Yes." replied Fred, smirking. "George and I are doing a favour to Harry. He wants to talk with Sirius and Umbridge's fireplace is the only one that is not being watched."

"We're helping him get into her office and talk to him." added George. Marley was about to ask him what were they going to do, but George noticed her look and shook his red-haired head. "No, I'm not telling you. It's a surprise."

"I'm sick of all of your surprises." Marley mumbled but Fred and George's smiles just grew bigger. "Actually, I didn't know why I asked. Of course, you'd tell me that. I hope this time you're not going to do something and give a reason to Frogface to expel you."

Fred and George exchanged a look. They were laughing and for a moment Marley didn't like these smirks. That didn't bode well. After breakfast, Marley reluctantly got into the day. It was Wednesday, and it was her most hated day of the week (this school year) because she had double class with Umbridge and two classes with Snape. Only with them. Her most hateful teachers, who continued to compete for the first place. After Umbridge's classes were over, Marley had a free period and she was completing a Transfiguration essay. In the afternoon, she headed to the dungeons with Katie Bell for her double Potions class.

They had to make a love potion, or at least try to. At the end of the lesson, Marley didn't do it very well, but still put the ready potion with the contents in a flask, labeled it and left it on Snape's desk.

"I hope this time you didn't forget an ingridient, Miss Potter." he said scornfully.

"I didn't." she said with her teeth pressed. She cleaned her workplace and left with Katie Bell together the class after the bell rang. They reached the Entrance Hall and the two girls looked at each other with a look of shock in their eyes. There was chaos. Marley saw Umbridge running with her small short legs angrily.

Students were standing all around the walls in a great ring (some of them, Marley noticed, covered in a substance that looked very like Stinksap); teachers and ghosts were also in the crowd. Prominent among the onlookers were members of the Inquisitorial Squad, who were all looking exceptionally pleased with themselves, and Peeves, who was bobbing overhead, gazed down at Fred and George who stood in the middle of the floor with the unmistakeable look of two people who had just been cornered.