1

"Move out of the way, out of the way" a biker was coming on top speed, everybody was moving out of the way, he had a panic look, I think he has failed his break or something. I was the last to move out of the way.

I wasn't lucky at all because he kinda off pushed me with the bike. I fell hard, I cursed him under my breath and mustered up my best glare to fire him but he was long gone.

The park was crowded, as usual, my everyday routine is to go on a run to keep fit before going to work.

I was on all fours, my knees and palms I couldn't protect them, that jerk didn't even stop to check If I was alright. I wanted to cry but I couldn't do so. Not here, not now.

"Hey, are you alright," a deep and husky voice asked me, I was now seating on the floor to check for any bruises.

I raised my head to reply to the person who asked but my jaw dropped immediately, I know staring was rude but I couldn't take my eyes off him. He was blessed by the morning sun.

I was met with his sharp cheekbones, thick eyebrows and kissable lips think I was starring for long because he waved his hands in front of me again.

"Erm sorry, I think I bruised my knees" I shyly answered. Looking at him through my lashes. I was a little bit shy all of a sudden, I felt self-conscious with just my short leggings and my verse.

I felt goosebumps on my bare hands, I began to sweat in my hair, I have never felt self-conscious like I do now.

"Can you get up?" he asked again, smiling at me now, I thought he had a nice face and body you should have seen his killer smile and straight teeth.

"Sure, I can thank you for asking I smiled at him politely the crowded people have vanished instantly they all went back to what they were doing and I was glad the attention wasn't on me again," I said as I tried to get up.

"I yelped in pain as I sat down again and held my injured leg. The stranger was immediately by my side again, but this time too close to my liking.

"I think you've hurt your ankle let me check." He politely said looking at me patiently for permission, what a gentleman.

I nodded my head to give him a go-ahead, his skin-touching skins felt like the doors of heaven has been opened to me. His skin was cold for my liking,  I enjoyed the feel of his touch on mine.

I nearly moaned at his touch, but the pain overtook my pleasure because I yelped again when he touched where it began to swell it was red instantly.

"I think you need some ice on it, where do you stay," he asked looking at me.

I raised a questioning eyebrow at him, he must have sensed my discomfort, because he immediately raised his hands in the air as if he is surrendering something.

"I'm just asking because looking at your condition you can't make it home by yourself, you have to hop or limb painfully home." He said looking at me, the way he said it, gosh it looked painful and uncomfortable.

"Oh, thanks I leave just around the corner, the Hilda apartments, it's not far from here" I tried telling him.

"Don't worry I'm also from the same apartment. I came here for a business meeting so if you don't mind I'm gonna carry you in my arms" he scooped me in his hands before I could protest. I blushed deeply as he carried me like a bride.

Our walk to the apartment was a quiet one, as much as I loved being in his muscular arms, the attention we are getting from people around us is too much for me to bear.

Some looked at us with awe, others just looked and those that weren't shy starred at us.

I buried my face in his neck as I inhaled his manly scent. Gosh, this man is an epitome of a Greek god, how can a person be this handsome, everything on him is alluring starting from his hair to his toe. His perfume was the sweetest scented fragrance I have ever smelled. I nearly fell asleep in his arms but I had to remember I was comfortable in a stranger's arms.

I began to squirm in his hands, I felt so embarrassed to be carried in this way, I just hope I'm not heavy that would have been more humiliating.

He helped me to my apartment door, I opened the door for him, for some strange reason I felt I could trust him.

I know mummy always says no strangers in the house but I badly need his help and I had no choice but to let him into my room.

He helped me put a cube of ice on my ankle, and gently massaged it, that was so nice of him but the pain was so unbearable. I even teared up, I wasn't shy he was looking at my cry. Damn to hell with that shyness.

I need to get myself ready I have an important meeting with a client so have to leave for the office, even if I have to drag that leg to the office I will do that.

"Don't walk on your ankle too much" that was his final words before he left me in my huge apartment. Gosh what happening to me, I just missed a stranger's presence. You could feel the faint smell of his cologne. His girlfriend is the luckiest girl on earth, I didn't see any ring on his ring finger

I hurriedly dressed in my office wear, which consisted of a black pencil skirt, a striped blouse, I had little makeup on just my eyeliner and lipgloss and I opted for flats in steady of my normal heels, my hair was held in a high ponytail with some lose trends hanging around. I wonder why I'm dressing myself today.

"Because you want to meet up with a certain someone," my conscious said. I shook my head as I entered the elevator to the down floor. My feet were protesting but I don't have that luxury.

When I got to the office, everything was normal just my limping and me not in my heels was attracting many curious eyes to me.

As usual, I paid no heed to them as I went to my office. Coming to this state was one of the best decisions I have made after the incident.

"Madam, The CEO of  The Hotel Del Victoria is here." My sectary of three years said. We are friends but when it comes to working we know our boundaries.

"Please let him in" I politely said, as I turned to look at the city that accepted me with all my flaws, thinking about my parents brought me back to the conversation I had with my parents a week ago, they were hoping for me to move back home to inherit their company but I'm not ready yet to go back home, not yet.

I will go back home when my wound is completely healed, I will go back home when I get over the betrayal.

"Good morning Miss Acosta" a familiar voice greeted me.  Smiling ear to ear

Who could it be

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments