25

I couldn't sleep all night, the events of this evening kept on playing in my head, I'm relieved Kellan wasn't cheating on me yet I'm mad he lied to me.

What harm will it cause if he had told me the truth from the beginning. Would I have believed him?
I checked the clock on my bed stand and it reads quarter past midnight.

I off the bed lamp as I closed my eyes, dreaming of happy things. I was the first person to wake up in the house so I think.

When I entered the kitchen my nanny and the maids where almost done with breakfast. All the maids in the house add Miss to my name except for my nanny who calls me by name and the old gardener.

I practically consider them as my parents cause they raised me up when my parents where away on business trips.

"Good morning everyone" I cheerfully greeted, dashing them with my smile, I can't remember the last time I smiled so brightly since the smile was taken away from my eyes three years ago.

"Good morning Miss" they all answered in a chorused form as if they've practiced it.

"Good morning sunshine" my nanny replied kissing me on my cheek and forehead.

"Have a seat", she offered as I sat on one of the chairs in the kitchen.

"You seem to be in a good mood today what happened to you" she asked as she toast the bread, she only spared me a glance as she smiled and shook her head.

"I will tell you later for now I gotta go" I said as I kissed her on the cheek and waved at the three maids helping her.

"Wait, what about breakfast" she worriedly asked, I came back and took a toast from her and mumbled something even I don't know what I was saying so I left taking the steps two at a time.

Kellan and I promised to meet at a breakfast shop down the road to meet up with baby Eve and Veronica.

I didn't want to drive so will pick up a cab at the junction, immediately i stepped outside a black 4x4 was parked in front of the house.

I didn't bother to check who was in, for all that I know it could be for our neighbours or something. As I adjusted the strap of my bag on my shoulder I heard the honking of the car.

I turned around only to see Kellan seating comfortably in front of the car, because it has a dark shade you can't make out who is in the car unless the windows have been drown down.

I immediately turned around and rushed to him, immediately I sat in the car, I received a hot good morning kiss from him.

"Good morning love" he whispered as he pecked my lips.

"Good morning I replied" he looked at me from head to toe, I became self conscious I was in a short denim, and a loose singlet plus my sandals, my hair has been tied in a ponytail and I was free of makeup.

I intertwined my fingers on lap as I regret what I wore, first impressions really count, I should have dressed lavishly instead of shabbily.

I casted my gaze down, a frown mared my face. I guess Kellan caught on because he put his hand under my chin and raised it.

"What wrong" He gently asked, the care and love in his voice brought me to tears.

"I feel I have underdressed, I'm just in a plain white singlet with a denim short and sandals. I whined, looking at him to see his reaction.

He threw his head back and began to laugh, that infuriated me more, because I turned my gaze back to the window and tried as much as I could not to let the tears fall.

"You look perfect love, I love it when you dress like this and trust me this the best outfit for summer never or ever dress to impress someone okay" he asked taking my hands in his.

I shook my head and smiled at him as he kissed me on the forehead.

"Now put on your seat belt, I'm starving" he said as he started the car.

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments