3

The ride to the hospital was a comfortable one, we had chit chats here and there. I got to know he has a baby sister who is only eight years old.

I told him a little bit about my self, I was careful not to mention about the incident which wasn't a secret but I felt uncomfortable talking about it.

He helped me into the room to see the doctor but almost left immediately I sat down to give us some privacy but I held his hand and shook my head begging him silently to stay with me.

"Will you quit drinking the room reeks of alcohol" Fabiola yelled at her husband who was busily sipping the whiskey in his hand.

"I will quit drinking if you stop sleeping around" he yelled at her face challenging her to talk back, Fabiola was fuming with anger, her face red as a tomato.

"Wait", she raised one hand up, the other on her hip, standing in an akimbo style, she mastered all the glare she could as she faced Ryan her husband.

"Did you just called me a whore" she asked, tapping one foot on the ground. She was wild like a wounded lion.

"Ain't you one?" Ryan asked, raising a question eyebrow at her.

"What makes me one?" She angrily asked him snaring at him.

"Everything makes you one, starting from how we betrayed her"  Ryan said having full of regrets and guilt on his face.

"Don't bring that issue into this conversations. We never betrayed her, you weren't in-love with her,  it was me, and it will always be me." She walked out on her husband without giving him a second glance.

"You heard what the doctor said right, you don't have to put pressure on the leg, look at how it has swell just within some few hours" Kellan said, looking at me and the road at the same time as he drove to God knows where.

I'm so comfortable with him that I feel like we've met already this not our first time meeting.

"But, I have work and other things to do" I protested, crossing my arms on my chest like a kid.

"Stop acting childish, do you want to loose your leg forever, look at your leg, you can't even stand on it properly talking of coming to work. You can work at home." He calmly said, looking at me in the eye.

I deeply inhaled my breath and looked away from him, his eyes where so intense. I don't know what happening to me, this so not like me.

He is a business partner and a stranger I met this morning, I can't completely trust him. But my heart tells me he will do me good.

"Can you drop me at the office, I have some unfinished work, when I'm done I will go home by my self" I said fidgeting with my fingers.

I didn't know the time Kellan parked the car roughly, jerking me to the front, not in a way to hurt me or something.

He removed his seat belt to look at me, he took both my hands in his large and not so smooth ones. There they are, the tingles again.

I casted my eyes on the laps.

"Please look at me" he pleaded, rubbing my arms so softly. I immediately raised my head to make contact with his dull yet vibrant blue ones.

"I don't know what going on with me, I just feel so protective of you. I don't want to see you hurt or sad, I'm doing any of that please let me know and I will gladly keep my distance." He said waiting for an answer.

What answer should she give him. Your answers mean a lot to me so I'm waiting.

Don't forget to vote and leave your comments

💕