Chapter 1 ~ After Set it Off

Evie's POV
I really enjoyed the party tonight. I never thought that Mal decided to be good and stay here in Auradon. It really is my dream to stay here.

I was dancing with Doug and I can't help but laugh about the way he dances -- he really is dopey. I looked back to see Jay and Audrey dancing, 'Jay doesn't deserve a girl like Audrey', I thought. I looked around the stage and saw Carlos and Jane laughing. Wow. I snapped all what I was thinking about them when Doug showed me a smile.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked with a concern face.

"Yes, I'm fine" I smiled.

"You know, having a crush on someone is not easy...especially when you didn't come from the same root with him", he locked his eyes on the ground.

"What do you mean?"

"I know you're hurt about what Audrey and Chad are now, but I think it's time for you to move on from him," he took a deep breath and continued, "I don't want you to get hurt" he looked up to me again. I really like the way Doug treats me. He is so cute. But actually my feelings for Chad is gone.

"I-I don't know what to say..." Doug took me by the hand and brought me to the place where we first met, the place where no one is around at that time.