Chapter 33 ~ "Kiss her on the cheek"

Mal's POV
Few days have passed ever since Evie's birthday happened. And there have been so many times that I caught her and Carlos acting strange, like, they were in a relationship or something. But I can't doubt that they're just friends. They have never acted like that before. And I think it's time to ask them about this.

It was break time and me and Evie were sitting on the table at the cafeteria. She was always looking down on her new phone, smiling. Probably, texting with Carlos.

"Ummm, E...do you want to tell me something?" I started. Right after she heard those words, she looked up on me and tilted her head.

"What would I tell you about?"

"Something between you and Carlos" OMD, this is awkward. I shouldn't have done this. Her smile quickly faded away and let out a sigh.

"M, I am so sorry but I am not yet ready for that conversation"

"So, that means, you and Carlos are...together?"

Her eyes wided open as she heard those words. 'I think I'm right. They are hiding something from me'.

And I continued, "Evie, tell me. I know something is going on between you and Carlos. I always catch you both hanging out with each other. I used to see you with Doug all the time but never again ever since your birthday celebration happened. Back when you both went out from that night and back when I caught you playing with each other. Evie, I know there is something between you and Carlos. And Evie, I already know you have a crush on him, but why don't you want to tell me?"

Before she opened her mouth to say something, she first let out a sharp sigh and responded, "M, me and Carlos made a promise. But, please, if I tell you this, don't tell this to someone else, especially to Jane"

"I know...she has a crush on him. It's pretty obvious tho. But, yeah, I promise I won't tell anyone else. Even to that Rapunzel"

She chuckled. And so, she told me everything what happened between them. Their feelings, some of their secrets, their moments, the kiss, and everything they did. She said that it was all she ever dreamed of with him. But she never told me about that precious ring on her finger.

Time skip to the night when we, all of our girl squad, had a sleepover at me and Evie's dorm. We were talking about how our day went. And it's a bad news for Evie.

Jane shared to us about the moment she had with Carlos during the shields and swords practice. She said that Carlos was so cute when Jay came to attack him. She then continued that he hid behind her back. Man, that's such a bad news.

On the next day, Evie approached me at my locker.

Evie's POV
"Mal, do you think Jane is flirting with Carlos or something?" I asked, getting worried.

"As far as I know about Jane, I don't...think that she does that" she answered, pouting her lips. She then continued, "...but I think you should carefully watch over them"

I let out a sigh, nodded my head, and faked a smile. I don't want to think of something else but Jane and Carlos. Poison Apples of Evil Queen, please, please, please, please. I don't want to be hurt.

Once I arrived at their place, I caught Carlos laughing with Jane. Nothing was there for me, as I think that they were only friends. But not until some boys started to make fun of them as a cute couple. This made my heart ache. Especially when Chad pushed Carlos to Jane. They both laughed and I could clearly see Carlos' face heating up.

"Kiss Jane!"

"Yeah!"

"On the cheeks only"

DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT

Carlos was about to refuse but then he kissed her. My eyes started to water as I clearly saw that. I started to breath heavily as if like something was weighing over my lungs.

Just a few seconds later, Carlos saw me standing by the door, panting. My heart really broke into a million pieces but I couldn't cry in front of them because I didn't want everybody to know that me and Carlos have a relationship. So I just ran somewhere no one could see me cry.

I cried and cried and felt somebody was standing right behind me, and it was Carlos. He was hardly breathing while looking at me. I couldn't talk to him. I couldn't.

Once he took a step forward to me, I quickly backed up and stretched out my arms into him so he couldn't get closer.

"Evie, what you have seen a while ago is not something that you think" he explained, but still I didn't believe.

"I saw your face lit up when you did it...and I can't doubt it" I responded, sobbing from my cry.

"Evie..."

"Don't ever talk to me again" Those were my last words I said to him before heading directly to my dorm. And so, I spent my whole afternoon crying as I crumpled myself on the floor like a piece of paper. "Why?"

Carlos' POV
I just s-stood there, watching her leave me from where we were standing. I was so angry at myself like I really really want to hurt myself. So I punch my fist on a wall, breaking down crying, saying, "I shouldn't have did it! FUCK! I SHOULDN'T HAVE!"

'I can't live like this. I can't live without her. I have to do something. I have to talk to her and apologise for everything I did.'

Bells rang and I have to run back to my dorm but as I make my way there, Mal suddenly appeared.

"Hey, Carlos what's u----what happened to you, man?" She asked, but I just ignored her and ran. 'I'm not yet ready for that conversation'

Mal's POV
'Dragons, what happened to him?' I asked to myself until I realise that something serious is going on.

"Evie"