Chapter 14 ~ Romeo and his Princess

Mal's POV
While I was walking back to my dorm, I saw Audrey talking with Ben. I quickly but quietly hid myself from the bushes and listened to them as they talk. I could clearly hear everything what they talked about and thankfully it has nothing to do with me. She just asked Ben if when would be the cotillion happen and I'm so glad the she couldn't come. She will be having a vacation somewhere else. I hope that she'll get lost in the way. LOL.

After a while, I finally heard Audrey saying goodbye to his 'benny-boo' and walked away. Ben separated ways from her and walked back top where he is going.

I quickly walked back to my dorm and saw Evie sleeping on her bed. I walked over to her table before I could regard the beauty of my best friend. I slowly took away the strand of hair that covers her beautiful face. I love her, as my best friend, and there is no one who can stop or friendship. I treated her as my sister, even if we have many differences. I kissed her forehead before I got ready for bed.

The Next Day: Sunday

Evie's POV
I woke up and felt the heat of the sun warming up my face. I groaned when I heard a noise by my window but I quickly stood up when I heard a very familiar voice of a boy--it's Carlos! I looked by the curtains of the window and chuckled as I watch him playing with Dude. He caught me staring at him and quickly hid myself between the curtains. After a few seconds I looked back at to where he was and was surprised when he got near me.

"Good morning, princess" he smiled. I could feel my heart beating fast when he called me 'princess'.

"Good morning, Romeo" I didn't hesitate to call him that because you know, I'm a flirt.

"Seems like you don't have trouble with your beauty sleep, huh?" He smirked. I can't imagine his face looking like that, my cheeks are really heating up.

"I used to be anxious today since I haven't took my beauty sleep last night, but then you came and made me feel alright"

"Well... that was flattering" He laughed. I could feel butterflies in my stomach as he looked over me and smiled. "Want to hang out, later? I know this day is going to be all boring"

I showed him a big smile before I answered, "Sure, that would be great"

"Ok, then, I'll fetch you here later at 3" he smiled and waved. I was about to wave back but he already turned his back on me. I can't believe that we'll hang out with each other later.

I heard Mal groaned and I walked to her and greeted, "Good morning, Mal". I easily got very high at the moment Carlos talked to me early in the morning, even if it wasn't the first time at all.