Chapter 23 ~ Two is Better than One

Carlos' POV

*Underlined Lyrics ~ Carlos
*Italic Lyrics ~ Evie
*Underlined Italic Lyrics ~ Both

I remember what you wore on our first date
You came into my life and I thought
'Hey, you know, this could be something

*I looked over at Evie who's smiling as she locks her eyes on the keys*

'Cause everything you do and words you say
You know that it all takes my breath away
And now I'm left with nothing

So maybe it's true, that I can't live without you
Well maybe two is better than one There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two, is better than one

I remember every look upon your face,
The way you roll your eyes, the way you taste
You make it hard for breathing
'Cause when I close my eyes and drift away
I think of you and everything's okay I'm finally now believin'

And maybe it's true, that I can't live without you
Well maybe two is better than one There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone
And I'm thinking two, is better than one

I remember what you wore on the first date
You came into my life
And I thought hey

Maybe it's true, that I can't live without you
Maybe two is better than one There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And you've already got me coming undone

And I'm thinking Oooh I can't live without you
'Cause baby two is better than one There's so much time, to figure out the rest of my life
And I've figured out with all that's said and done
Two, is better than one
Two is better than one

We looked into each other's eyes and laughed. That was intense! I feel like we were having a concert or a big show or something.

"Wow! You really hit the high note" I cheered her and she blushed.

"I really love singing and playing instruments"

"I never knew that. All I know is that you do beauty...something, cooking, cleaning...*sigh* I'm jealous". She chuckled and brushed a strand of hair from her face.

"No, I should be jealous. You are really good at plucking! I never thought that you'd play like a pro"

I laughed and looked away. Oh, I remember back when we were singing, I saw a shadow which showed up by the door. But I didn't stop playing because of the moment I had with Evie. He seems to be just passing by and stopped when he heard us. After a few seconds he walked away. Who is he?

Suddenly, Miss Ariel appeared somewhere and cheered us. We quickly stood up and set everything aside.

"I'm so proud of you two. I never heard any of my students sing that beautiful"

"Th-thank you, Miss Ariel. We are sorry if we knack on your instruments" Evie said awkwardly which made us laugh.

"No, it's ok, dear as long as you know how to handle them carefully"

We both nodded in response and she continued,

"I want to hear more from you but I think it's already 5 in the afternoon. You should get ready for dinner"

"Ok, Miss Ariel" we both said in chorus and laughed. We bid goodbye to her and went out of the room.

"I can't believe that Miss Ariel would say that to us" she started as the wind gently blow her hair.

"Me too. I've never been cheered by my musical skills" I laughed and she smiled.

"C-Carlos, can I ask you something?"

"What is it?" I asked as we stopped walking.

"Never mind. I forgot what I suppose to ask"

We both laughed and continued to walk and suddenly Mal showed up.

"Oh, Evie. Where the hell were you both?"

We quickly looked into each other before I answered,

"Umm...we were spending our time messing up with Miss Ariel's instruments"

Mal raised an eyebrow. Is she disgusted or something?

Mal's POV
Wow. So they really have spent their time together. That's great! Spending your time with the one you love lets your feelings grow. Nice.

"Hey guys!" Ben greeted us with a smile. I quickly ran up to him and hugged. We were so sweet that made Evie and Carlos looked at each other awkwardly.

"Umm..." Carlos started, clearing his throat.

"Excuse us..." Evie continued.

"No! Uhh, I-I mean, I would like to invite My VKs tonight for dinner, since my mom and dad would be visiting my grandpa" he said and took a deep breath, looking over at me and continued, "But if you don't want to, then I'd just manage myself to...eat alone"

"N-No. We would love to" Carlos and Evie answered in chorus and they both laughed. CUTE.

"Ok then, see you guys later" said Ben, with me still embracing his arm.

They started to turn their backs on us but I called out on Carlos.

"Oh, Carlos! Can you please fetch Evie later because I won't be going back to the dorm, I'll be helping Ben get ready for dinner"

"Sure" he said and nodded. We bid goodbye and I smirked at Ben.