Chapter 29 ~ Almost Paradise

Evie's POV
It's 3 in the afternoon and I already felt like I don't want to talk to anybody. They might have tricked me. I have nothing else to do the whole day but think about what situation I'm in. I-I couldn't explain everything thoroughly as the feeling of fear, worry, anger, and doubt are blending inside of me.

"Evie?"

"Who's that?"

"I-It's me, Carlos"

Carlos? Should I let him come in or nah?

I groaned and got up from my bed and opened the door with a 'why-are-you-doing-this-to-me' face.

"Hey, umm---"

"Why did you leave alone in the Enchanted Lake?"

"I-I'm so sorry. Mal and Ben asked for help in---"

"Why didn't you waken me up?"

"Because---"

"Why did you leave me by your side, Carlos?"

"..."

Did I go too far now?

"I-I'm sorry. I'm just---"

"I know what you feel right now and...I must be sorry for leaving you behind" he concluded our hiatus and it calmed me down. Yes, he's right. He must be sorry. My heart skipped a beat when he held my hand and leaned in to a kiss. Our lips were centimeter apart but I decided to pull away.

He let out a sigh before he continued, "Oh, umm...I-I think I had to go"

"You're gonna leave me again?"

"What are you talking about?"

"C-Carlos, I want to let you know about something..." I started, taking a few steps backward from him.

"What would that be?"

"I-I just don't know how to say it"

"Well, if you're not ready, I'm still here" he said, holding my hands and raised it upward to our chest.

I smiled and hugged him. He also hugged me back without any hesitation. I know we're not together but, I already felt we were.

I felt his heart beating fast through his shirt and it made me blush. We started to sway side to side and all that I felt was security and comfort. I wish I could be like this with him forever. I really wish.

After a few seconds, we pulled away from each other.

"Well, you need to get ready at 5" he started.

"Why? What are we gonna do again?"

"Nothing, just a secret"

"If you are planning this, well, I won't be going"

"Please?"

"Okay, then"

"Cool. I'll fetch yah later" he concluded and bid goodbye from me.

Once I finally closed the door, I let out a sharp sigh and plopped down on my bed. What should I wear?

Carlos' POV
I wondered what Evie is about to tell me. I hoped it's not a bad news. Uhh...we almost kissed again! I should've landed mine to hers, LOL. It was almost paradise. I was walking toward to the place where we would be celebrating. When I got there, I immediately approached Mal and told her that I would be the one who will be fetching Evie.

"Wow" I muttered as I was being allured at the view. I hope that she'll appreciate this.

"Oh, aren't you gotta go ready with the sounds and lights?" Mal spoke up, breaking in the thoughts inside my head.

"Yeah, right. I have to go" I jolted and quickly ran towards Ms. Ariel's room and asked for permission to borrow some of her speakers.