Chapter 15 ~ Don't push yourself to love Someone New

Mal's POV
Honestly, I wasn't sleepy before I heard Carlos and Dude making noise outside. I was about to get up but then I heard him greet Evie. I pretended to be asleep instead, so that I couldn't disturb them two and at the same time, so that I could listen to them. Haha, LOL. Gosh, their friendship couldn't get any better anymore because it's already the best. Their friendship is stronger than I have with Evie. I hope that they'll get together soon, they're perfect for each other.

As I listen to them, I flash back to the time when I requested Carlos to throw a party over his mother's house, inviting Evie. I planned all of that stuff to humiliate the blue-haired princess but now I realise that she didn't deserve to be treated like that, even if she always look after her beauty ALL THE TIME. Just after he knew that I pushed her inside his mother's furry closet, Carlos ran up to save her. If you think about it deeply you could tell that there's love and compassion between the two. And both of them really know each other more! I started to think that there's already a chemistry between them.

The two had finally done talking. I groaned and turned my back on Evie when she started singing Love Story, you know, the Romeo and Juliet tragic story. Anyway, instead of respecting me having a 'sleep', she greeted me with a high-pitch voice.

I covered my ears and said, "The heck, E? I know you're happy today but please don't wake me up with that pitch"

"Oops, sorry Mal" She apologised with her head down.

"I-it's ok. Just don't do it again" I said and sat up.

After a few seconds, silence filled the room very quickly and so I started a topic, "Going to hang out with someone, huh?"

"Did you know?" She asked and gaped at me.

"Umm..." I quickly looked away and regretted what I just said. 'Now she knew that I listened to every thing they talked about'

"There's something that I want you to know, but please don't tell anyone" said Evie.

"Oh, ok. What is it?"

She took a deep breath and started, "I kinda like Carlos..." I got shocked of what I just heard. I knew it, they really love each other!

"Then? Why didn't you tell him? He seems to like you too" I said calmly.

"But how about Doug? I don't want to break the heart of an innocent looking man who had just found out what love is", said Evie with her head down. She fondle the sheets with her fingers and smiled at me.

I sighed and continued, "You just have to apologise Doug after you find out what Carlos really feels to you"

"Well, I'll think about that. But it feels so rude, you know. If nothing happens to me and Carlos, then I'll push myself to learn to love with someone new"

"Evie, you don't have to push yourself to move on..." I explained as I took her hands, "...let the feeling sweep away. Think about me, I never thought that I would fall in love with Ben. I let my heart decide and the only thing I knew that made me fall is that the feeling of being comfortable and safe when I am with him"

"You mean, like...what Carlos did to save me?"

"Yeah...!" I nodded and lifted her chin so that our eyes meet. "I didn't mean that you should choose Carlos, just listen to your heart. I swear to you, pushing yourself to love someone new is the dumbest thing people do. I don't want you to end like what Anna felt with Hans. I don't want to see you hurt. That's all I can say" I smiled and hugged her and we pulled back. I caressed her cheek and stood up from my bed.

"I can't believe that you are also a love expert"

I look out a sharp sigh before I answered, "I still don't know what love feels like, but, honestly, all that I have said was from what I learn here in Auradon, Ben told me everything that have happened here" I laughed.

"Okay then" She smiled and stood up.

We changed to our usual clothes and went out for breakfast. And there, we saw the boys sitting on our table. They must be waiting for us. They waved and together we went to get our food, but before we could do that, I looked back on Evie with a smile on my face. She might feel uncomfortable so I held her hand and walked with them.