Chapter 25 ~ Camping

*Time skip: at dinner*

Evie's POV
"You know, guys, I'm so glad that you spend your time with me tonight. I-I really appreciate it. And I'm sorry if I---"

"Ben, don't tell me that you're going to give us a speech", Mal interrupted, causing everyone to laugh at her.

"Guys, where's Jay by the way?" Asked Carlos.

"Oh, right! Well, he's with Audrey and he said that he'll just be joining us later at the campsite"

"At the Campsite?", asked me.

"Oh, yes. I'm so sorry, I forgot to tell you that we will be having a mini camping on the Enchanted Lake" Ben answered, taking a sip from his drink.

"...b-but we haven't brought something...well, except for my makeup" I chuckled and all of us laughed.

I don't know why, but, I feel like I'm not comfortable when Carlos is sitting beside me. I mean, I haven't felt this way before. This feeling kinda started back to the moment I've had with him at the Enchanted Lake. Yes, I had the best moment but my heart is still curious of to whom it beats for. Doug or Carlos?

Time skip to the time when we were already making our way to the bridge.

"Be careful, Evie" Carlos cautioned me...AGAIN.

"I know and I will" I responded and took my steps carefully on the wood. He's such a sensible person.

He was following behind me and in the middle of the bridge he got my back when suddenly I tripped.

"Woah, told yah" he said. I just chuckled and he helped me lifted myself up. "This time, I have to hold your hand to help you"

'What the---' He immediately took my hand and crossed the bridge.

'OMG OMG OMG OMG. I WANT TO FREAK OUT'

We finally arrived at the Enchanted Lake and there we caught Jay and Audrey ALMOST KISSED. Lonnie would be broken hearted if she knew this.

"Woah! Uhh...minor here!" Carlos exclaimed, covering his eyes.

All of us laughed at his reaction.

"Don't you ever forget that I'm also a minor" said Jay, laughing.

"Yeah right" replied Carlos.

"Guys, I have some tents here" Ben said as he walks up to grab the tents. Carlos walked up to him to help him carry the tents to the center. And all of us, except Audrey, were helping each other prepare it.

After we set everything, Audrey immediately pulled a bottle from her backpack. Wait, Audrey...with a backpack?

"Guys, let's play spin the bottle!" She started.

I caught Mal smirk over at her. Is this a plan or something?

"Everybody, gather around" Mal instructed and all of us formed a circle.

Jay sat beside Carlos, followed by Audrey, and Ben, and Mal, then me.

"I'll be the one who spin it first" Audrey said and twirled it and do you want to know whom it landed? ME.