Chapter 17 ~ Gone at the Lake

Evie's POV
After we have our food, we went back to our table and saw some students already took our place. Mal was about to walk up to them but stopped when she realised that she couldn't do that. She's Ben's girlfriend and as a king's girlfriend, she should also be a good example to the Auradon kids, which is not a good idea for her.

I walked beside her and she looked up at me and smile. Ben saw us and headed toward where we were standing.

"I have an idea" Mal said and walked up to him.

"Hey" Ben greeted with a smiled, we also smiled back.

"Hey...I have a permission" Mal said and the three of us took a glance at each other.

"What is it?" Ben asked, putting his hands inside his pocket before he let out a small sigh.

"Can we, the four of us, eat together at the Enchanted Lake?"

"Uhh..." Ben started and looked back to the place where no vacant tables can be found. "...sure!", he smiled.

"Why, thank you! I promise we will clean the mess we could make" Mal kissed his cheek, "Oh, can you come over and eat with us?"

"I'm sorry, I can't. I have a meeting and have to go as early as today"

"Oh, ok" Mal smiled before Ben kissed her cheek and bid goodbye. We thanked and separated ways from him.

Mal and Jay walked together before me and Carlos. She was making fun of him because of the girls who were ogling at Jay, while me and Carlos were just, well, walking with our head down. The silence between us wasn't long enough before Carlos spoke up.

"Hey..." he said and smiled at me.

I smiled back before I answered, "Hey"

He scratched the back of his neck and continued, "Umm...can I ask you something?"

I nodded, "Sure. What is it?", and showed him a big smile of mine.

"Are you and Doug...umm...t-to--"

"Together?" I finished his sentence and he nodded. I let out a sharp sigh and was about to speak before Mal called out on us.

"Hey, lovebirds! Can you walk a little bit faster?", yelled Mal and we gawk at each other and ran after them.

I haven't answered his question because I didn't know what to say. 'Thanks Mal', I thought. I looked over at him in the corner of my eye and noticed that he's walking with his head down, again.

We finally crossed the bridge and while we were crossing it, he held my hand while the other was holding his food. It's the same thing with me too.

"Be careful", he said as the bridge started to sway. I looked at him and smiled. When we finally got to the other side, we drew ourselves back from each other and showed an awkward yet calm smile.

"Thank you", shyly, I said and brushed a strand of hair from my face to the back of my ear.

He laughed and smiled at me, and we continued to walk until we reached our destination.

I regarded the beautiful scenery with my eyes and mouth open. 'This place is perfect for a date' . I could notice his us locked up on me and so I looked over at him. We both laughed and walked down to where Mal and Jay were standing. I saw Mal use her magic to make this place a little more fascinating. 'This kind of place is what I dream about'

Carlos' POV
We placed our food altogether, with our things placed on one side. We enjoyed our time talking and laughing all the way during our lunch. After a few moments, something strange was covering around us. We tried to figure out something that we could've left behind.

"Dude!" Jay exclaimed. We suddenly heard a bark and me and Jay quickly walked up to the bridge. And there, we saw Dude waiting for us on the other side of the bridge. We could hear him whining from all of his echoes. Me and Jay looked at each other before I walked to fetch him.

After that, we headed back to the lake and saw no one. The girls are gone. Is this some kind of joke or they really got captured? Me and Jay started to look around for them, panicking. Where could they be? Especially Evie?