Chapter 19 ~ Magic

Evie's POV
Me and Carlos looked at each other and exchanged expressions. He chuckled with his head down and place his hands into his pockets.

He's so perfect! I can't say anything to his face. Those freckles, those brown eyes, that white hair, the sweetest smile I know--every part of him...is rare. I can't help but stare at him as he makes his way to the water. He snapped me out of thoughts when he turned to me and called my name.

I blinked 3 times before I headed toward him. We stood there inches away from each other...but my heart feels like we're only centimeters apart. I could feel his magnetic force occurring to me and I can't help but feel like I'm falling deeper into him. Poison Apples! What does this kid have to make me feel this way?

Suddenly, he faced to me and said, "Seems like I didn't have the chance to fetch you at your dorm". Again, he showed me his smile and I chuckled.

"Don't worry, maybe you'll have it next time but at my very own castle"

He blushed as to what I have said but his smile quickly turned away. My heart ached for a while when he answered, "I can't have it next time". What does it mean?

I raised an eyebrow before I responded, "Why?"

"Because maybe in that time, you already find your prince"

My eyes widened and my mouth dropped when I heard those words. "Wh-What do you mean?"

He took a deep breath and answered, "You'll figure it out soon. This time, let's just reminisce everything we had in the past"

"And why would you want to think about the past? Is there something that you can't get over with between the two of us?" I smirked, getting closer to him.

I know what he was about to say but he just denied. I looked away from him and started regarding the view.

"I-I just can't believe that I would come and live here in Auradon with you. I used to think that if you'd finally get the chance to live here, you'll leave me in the isle and forget me", he said, looking at me and smiled.

"Carlos, even if mommy force me to transfer here, if you won't come with me, I won't"

"Really?" He asked with eyes widely open and a big smile. I nodded in response. "But it's your dream, right?"

"Yes, it is my dream. But I can't live into a new life without the one who means so much more to me in the isle. He's been a biggest part in my life now and I don't want to leave him alone" I said, walking toward him and hugged.

Carlos' POV
Dalmatians! I-I can't believe of what Evie has just said to me. I could feel my heart beating fast through my jacket. I could feel the adrenaline flowing all over my body. LOL. But I tried to calm down.

"Hey, have you seen Dude?" She asked, pulling away with a concern reaction.

"Yeah, and he's right there" I pointed out Dude who is sniffing around, probably looking for food.

"Oh" she let out a sigh and headed to pick her purse and sit, applying a little bit of lipstick on her lips. "Can we go now? It's getting dark"

I didn't turn myself to her. I'm just standing there frozen, still can't believe what I'm feeling. I snapped myself so that I won't get lost at it. It really is getting dark but suddenly my eyes locked up on a tree. I walk a liitle bit closer and noticed something that I've seen before. Fireflies are starting to light up the whole place. I want to show these to Evie.

I walked toward her and stood in front and say, "Evie, I have something to show you"

She looked up on me and tilted her head. I covered her eyes with me behind her back and led her to where I was standing. I removed my hand from her face to reveal the fireflies already filled the entire place. Her face lit up when she saw those beautiful creature.

"Is this magic?" She asked with a smile on her face, locking her eyes on them.

"Yeah, but is natural...just like the way I love you"

"What?" She asked, looking into my eyes and turned herself on me.

"N-nothing" I said and she laughed.

We looked at each other's eyes and our faces are getting closer. The space between us is decreasing when I slowly took a step to her. Our lips are centimeters away but she quickly pulled away when she heard something from the bushes.

We turned around and we both took a step back. I scratch the back of my neck and awkwardly say, "It's getting darker now. We have to go" and she nodded.

I picked up Dude and carried him and we both walked back to our dorm. When we finally got there, we bid goodbye and separated ways.