Chapter 24 ~ Heels and Leather Boots

Mal's POV
I was at the kitchen when suddenly tough arms wrap around my waist like a snake. Those tough arms were from my handsome beast---Ben. I felt shivers down my spine when he placed his chin on my shoulder. I'm not used to this, HELP ME!

"What are you making?", he asked and tilted his head where I could feel his breath. Uhh.

"Something...everybody wants"

"Well, you should've let our helpers do that"

"Maybe...they are up to something. And yeah, I can do this", I answered. He let go off me with a sigh and leaned on the table with his arms folded.

"Are you sure the plan would work?", he asked with a serious tone of voice.

Does this man really trust me? I turned to him and raised an eyebrow before I answered:

"Of course, Jay and I clearly planned about this"

I think right after I mentioned the name 'Jay', it caused his smile to fade away. It made me confused.

"Is something wrong?" I asked, taking a step forward to him. Is he jealous or something?

"Y-yeah. I-I mean no... I'm thinking of you, doing...that...stuff"

By the time he said those words, I realise that he's thinking of me, doing spells...and witchery. It hurts me a little, but, it's me...and he's cautious.

My warm smile slipped away when a frown stepped in. So I turned my back on him and said, "You don't trust me, do you?"

"M-Mal, that's not what I mean--"

"It's okay. Well, maybe I should entrust this crap with your helpers"

Ben's POV
Ugh. What did I just do? I don't want her to feel down. But honestly, I just don't want her to use magic here in Auradon. But maybe I'm lacking trust to lay on her.

Thankfully, our lovely Mrs. Teapot and her son, Chip, offered us help in preparing the special dinner with the VKs.

"A-Are you sure you can handle this, Mrs. Teapot?", asked Mal while wiping her hands on a dry cloth.

"Deary, I've been working in the kitchen for years"

"Yeah, right. I remember. No wonder why your name's Mrs. Teapot"

All of us laughed and Mal continued, "Well, I'll be the one to prepare the utensils"

"Miss Mal, you don't have to. I have already arranged it" Chip said.

"Oh, really?", asked Mal and looked up on and I responded, "Well...Chip offered"

Mrs. Teapot and her son chuckled before she said, "I think both of you should take a short rest before your friends come over"

Mal and I nodded and went out from the kitchen and I led her to a place where we could see the stars.

I couldn't get over to what I did to her a while ago. It feels like I insulted her for doing the cookery. I looked down on her and watch her gaze up on the night sky. She closed her eyes as cold breeze blew through her pale-looking face.

"Mal..." I started. She looked up on me and hummed in response. The way she did it, my heart beats faster than normal. "I'm sorry if I never trusted you to do what you want to do"

"It's okay for me, silly. I know you're still in trauma back when I spelled you"

"Trauma, huh?", asked me as I pulled her closer by her waist. She wrap her arms around my neck and pressed her lips on mine. We pulled back from each other and smiled.

"Wow" she said.

Carlos' POV
"Ok, Dude. I'll be fetching a girl at her dorm and I hope you'll wish me good luck. It's my second time after two years when I could finally fetch her again. And now I have the chance" I said, as I gently tug the end of white t-shirt. You know, the one the I usually wear.

Time skip to when I was standing in front of her door, locking my eyes on it. I raised my hand and clenched my fist after I took a deep breath. My heart was beating fast but I was able to knock on her door calmly. Dalmatians, I'm just fetching a girl, not asking her out for a date.

Right after I knocked, she opened the door and my eyes landed on her eyes with my mouth slightly open. She's beautiful. She's gorgeous. I-I can't say anything bad about her. She's perfect. Carlos, stop!

I snapped those words out of my head right before she said, "I know, I look pretty this time"

"You always look pretty" Wait what? "I-I mean, yeah, you look perfect. I-I mean---"

"Let's go", she chuckled and closed the door behind her. She immediately grabbed my hand and both of us ran all the way to Ben's place with those heels and leather boots

"Almost there" she said when we were 8 meters away and stopped when we finally got there.

"Wow, impressive" I said, panting from the long run.

"Impressive?"

"You're impressive. You run faster than me with those heels"

"Oh, please. I've been running in heels for years"

"Yeah, right"

We both chuckled and she gently pulled me inside of the building with my hand. I was a blushing mess. This is the best day ever.