Chapter 32 ~ Bad Pretenders

Doug's POV
I was sitting casually on the table, waiting for Evie's arrival. Although her VK friends and I were having fun together, I still have the feeling of weariness thinking about what were happening between Carlos and her.

Evie's POV
"Carlos..." I started, as he walked closer to me and bent on one knee.

'OH MY GOSH AM I GETTING MARRIED NOW? I AM TOO YOUNG TO HAVE 10 KIDS!'

"E..." he started, nervous of what he is going to say. "This is a precious ring, right? And it is as precious as you. But if you want me to be yours, will you always wear this until our time comes for us to be tied up together and until we catch our last breath?"

"C-Carlos, I-I don't know what to say. You are freaking me out..." I chuckled "...I am already yours, Carlos. Ever since. Ever since you clearly showed that you love me. And I won't waste the chance to say that I love you too. You are mine, Carlos, forever and always"

Right after I said those words, he cried in happiness and immediately kissed me. It was passionate and rough, unlike from the previous ones.

We pulled away and inserted the ring on my finger. I wasn't wearing gloves, guys.

"Carlos, are we going to tell the group?"

"Do you want to?"

"I don't think so"

Honestly, I don't want them to know, I don't want to hurt anybody anymore.

"Me neither. We should keep this for a while, ok?" He said and nodded and he kissed my forehead.

"I love you, Carlitos" I chuckled.

"Hmm...'Carlitos' I love that" He answered and I chuckled once more and kissed him.

...if only we could stay like this for long...

After a few moments, we pulled back and panted for breath until we decided to head back to the group. Honestly, guys, the kiss was too intimate.

When we finally got there, we quickly acted like nothing happened. Ugh, we're such bad pretenders.

And there, I saw the son of Dopey.  Yeah, Doug. I forgot that he existed.

Oh! And there's Lonnie and Jane on the other table, waving at us. Right after that I let out a sharp sigh. Carlos didin't notice it.

Mal's POV
Finally! CarVie has come. It's been an hour since they were gone. I wonder what happened to them. Need to investigate:

They went up to us with a huge smile on their blushing faces. Man, I don't want to think something bad. Anyway, they both greeted us and Carlos pulled Evie's chair for her to sit down. Wow, what a gentleman. And you know what, Evie was a blushing mess as Carlos did that. While Doug was there, looking jealous at them. Ha. How pathetic. 

"So, where do you both came from?" Asked Ben, smirking at me. I like that. He's still in the plan.

"Oh, um..." Evie started. She kind of getting nervous of saying it.

But Carlos interrupted it with confidence, "...we just went out for fresh air. Since...this place crowded now"

"I see..." Jay responded with his arms crossed to his chest.

After a few moments, Fairy Godmother walked up on us.

"Hey, little ones. Umm...since curfew is, you know, almost reaching up for the line, umm...can I ask for the conclusion in this party? I-I am so sorry if I ruined your moment" she asked.

"No. It's okay, Fairy Godmother. I-I will be the one who should do the conclusion", said Evie and stood up and headed to the center.

Right after she finished the conclusion, the VKs with Ben's guards helped everything cleaned up. I never liked cleaning before. Mal is very lazy.

But while we were cleaning, I noticed Evie and Carlos playing hide and seek. 'Look how cute they are' And suddenly I saw Carlos hugging Evie from the back, laughing so hard. OH MY DRAGONS! THANK GOODNESS DOUG ISN'T HERE. They were laughing and playing until Evie cupped Carlos' face while he is still wrapping his arms around her waist. ARE THEY INTO SOMETHING, OR THEY ARE JUST BEST FRIENDS? I NEVER SEEN BEST FRIENDS ACTING LIKE THAT. NOT EVEN ME AND EVIE.

By the time Evie caught me staring at them, she slowly let go of him and they both looked at me. That was awkward so I quickly looked away from them. I know what's happening around here.

This is fun. DETECTIVE TIME!