Chapter 31 ~ Not a bad thing

Evie's POV
"Carlos, are we close now?"I asked as we still continued to walk for 5 minutes.

"Yeah, close enough where you can clearly see those lights over there" he answered as he was pointing the dazzling lights far away from where we stopped. "Come on" he continued and took my hand, rushing toward the place. I couldn't bear with the feeling I had. I'm falling deeper in love with this lad.

After a minute or two, we finally arrived to our destination--a tree house. We quickly and safely climb up on it. It's so magical! I was fascinated with the decorations. Everything was perfect. The lights are gold and every single thing in the room was in...like...dirty white in color.

I never heard about this place before.

"Carlos, how did you find this place?" asked by me, roaming around the room.

"Well...Jane introduced me to this place"

Oh, ok...wait what? JANE?

"Jane? When?"

I started to worry, thinking that Jane and Carlos might have been hanging out.

"Yesterday. I asked for her help if she know any special place where both of us can hang out...privately"

I was standing there, frozen, still can't believe what he just said. I think it's not a big deal, but, for the sake of Jane's feelings...she would've cried.

"Is...something wrong?" Carlos asked, confused and held my hand, circling his thumb in the back of it.

"Yes! I-It's perfect. I c-can't believe you would do this to me"

"It's because..."

"...you love me?" I interrupted, walking toward him in a flirtatious way.

But before he could answer he let out a sharp sigh and smiled on me, creating a beat with his foot.

*Underlined Lyrics ~ Carlos
*Italic Lyrics ~ Evie
*Underlined Italic Lyrics ~ Both

Said all I want from you
Is to see you tomorrow
And every tomorrow
Maybe you'll let me borrow, your heart And is it too much to ask for every Sunday?
And while we're at it throw in every other day to start

"Ohhhhh, Carlos..."

I know people make promises all the time Then they turn right around and break them
When someone cuts your heart open with a knife and you're bleeding
But I could be that guy to heal it over time
And I won't stop until you believe it 'Cause baby you're worth it

I hope...he mean it, especially when Jane is almost standing right between of us.

So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me
Cause you might fuck around and find your dreams come true with me
Spend all your time and your money just to find out that my love was free
So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
It's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me

"But Carlos, there is only one thing in my mind why I am afraid to love you"

"What is it?"

"You are 2 years younger than me..and you have much time to find someone else better than me. And besides, I may be a villain, but I am still afraid of broken promises"

"You don't have to be afraid, E" he smiled and kissed my forehead.

No I won't fill your mind with broken promises
And wasted time
And if you fall
You'll always land right in these arms These arms of mine

Don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me
Cause you might fuck around and find your dreams come true with me
Spend all your time and your money just to find out that my love was free
So don't act like it's a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
It's not a bad thing to fall in love with me, me
Not such a bad thing to fall in love with me

As he was singing softly, I find myself swaying while hugging him tight. You know, like we were dancing waltz. I honestly wanted to stay like this forever...if only.

"E..." he started, gently pulling himself away from me.

"Hmm?" I hummed in response. He started to take a few steps back and took something from his pocket. And it revealed a very precious ring.