Chapter 35 ~ Two Worlds

Mal's POV
"You go find Carlos. I'll talk with Evie when she wakes up" I said with a blank face.

Jay placed a hand on my shoulder and nodded. And we both went out and separated ways.

Evie's POV
"I...M-My pet died" I lied. I think that was the very worst lie I ever said.

"You have a pet?" He asked.

Ughh!!! Stop asking, please!

"Y-yeah, a puppy. Cruella saw it and killed it"

"Oh..that's horrible."

"Yeah" I responded and looked away.

Thankfully, Mal arrived and hugged me. "Are you ok?" She asked and I nodded. I whispered to her that I lied to Doug and she chuckled silently. Doug doesn't know that there are no pets in the Isle.

"Umm...Doug, thanks for comforting Evie. I really appreciate it. But, can we have our girl talk?"

Doug nodded in response and before he closed the door, I called out to him and said "thank you".

After a few seconds, I broke down crying on Mal's arms. I cannot move on from the moment I saw Carlos and Jane.

"I shouldn't have loved!" I cried. My tears almost damped Mal's cloth but she didn't bother.

"Evie, it's not your fault..." she said, holding me tight.

"I shouldn't have loved him, Mal. Look at me, I'm broke! I should've known that I'd end like this"

"E, sometimes love lets us pass through this kind of pain. And I understand you. But this is not the end, blueberry..." she complimented and I chuckled. She then continued, "...and I swear to you, that after all of this whether you end up with Carlos or not, you'll be happy. So, for now, cry it out"

Jay suddenly burst through the door and brought us bad news---"Carlos is gone"

"What do you mean?" Asked Mal.

"I searched everywhere for him. I was afraid if I get lost so I decided to come back here"

I know where he went. "I-...I have to find him" I exclaimed, standing up.

"But E, it's getting darker now"

"Don't worry about him Evie, I am sure that no matter where he is, he's fine" explained Jay. I agree with him, but, all I think is I don't want him to stay the night on a dusty place.

After a few mintues, Jay decided to went back to his dorm and sleep with no one while me and Mal get ourselves ready for bed.

The clock is ticking, my heart is beating fast. I couldn't sleep when all I think is Carlos, he's like circling inside my mind.

I rolled myself and faced Mal, sleeping. Then suddenly I planned of going out on midnight.

I waited for the time to come for me to sneak out from the dorm, and it was 12:15. Mal was peacefully sleeping on her purple bed and so I carefully take a few steps reaching for my coat. I didn't care if I go out with what I was wearing. I just want to find him.

Carlos' POV
I was running so fast, crying like a kid escaping from his mother's clutches. 'I don't know where I'm going anymore. It's getting dark and I can barely see anything'. But then...I found myself standing in front of the tree house. 'Why did God bring me here?' I thought.

I didn't have any choice but to stay there for the night. Even if the place is kinda dusty and cold, I have to manage to sleep there.

I placed a comfy blanket on the floor. Thankfully, I found another blanket to cover myself, but it felt like I was on the Isle of the Lost.

It was in the middle of the night when I heard someone tossing rocks on the door. And when I looked down and saw Evie, shivering from the cold. My heart quickly skipped a beat when I saw her once again. But still...I have a price to pay.

"Shall I come in?" She asked with her flirtatious face that made my heart smooth a bit.

And as I thought, I have to apologise so I quickly helped her climb up to the tree.

She took off her coat and revealed to me her night shirt that only reached above her knee. I gulped as I wonder if she's wearing any...umm...I hate to say this...umm...pan...ty. UGHHH CARLOS STOP! YOU HAVE A BIG PROBLEM RIGHT NOW.

I tried to calm myself down and let out a sigh. But then I felt something down from me when she sat in front of me an Indian seat. I couldn't breathe normally.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do what you have seen. I honestly didn't want to do that" I started, locking my eyes down.

Evie let out a sharp sigh before she answered, "I know. But I should be sorry for walking away. I didn't listen to you when you tried to explain. I-I am such a sensitive person and it's my fault"

"You don't have to say sorry, Evie..." I responded, looking up on her. "You loved me perfectly...but...I feel like I just...blow it away"

Tears started to fall down on her face. And she said, "No, you didn't. Probably I was just seeing things" she smiled.

I showed her my uncomfortable smile when she said that. And for a few moments, we looked into each other's eyes for a second until we both started to lean in and tried to reach for each other's lips.

And we closed our eyes until our worlds met again.