Chapter 13 ~ Stolen Ring

Jay's POV
After Me and Carlos have our dinner, we had some time together at the field, although it's already 8pm. We already miss this kind of moment back there in the isle of the lost and I thought that it's gonna change but it didn't. We are still born to stay on that island.

Anyway, aside from running or chasing around the field, Carlos sat on the bleachers, looking down on something in his hands.

"Hey, you ok?" I asked, sitting next to him. He just smiled and nodded and took a deep breath. I looked over at his hands and saw a precious ring. That ring was expensive! It has a heart on it that was clearly made of ruby and the rest of it was of gold.

"Man, where did you get that?"

He laughed, locking his eyes only over the ring, "I stole this"

My eyes widened, shocked at what he just said.

"Y-you steal?"

"Yeah...but just once" He nodded, "I stole this one for her...before I met you and Mal" He finally looked at me and smiled.

"D-don't tell me that--" I started to realise that the girl he love is from the isle.

"I love Evie?" He interrupted me, stood up and laughed.

"She was my first friend..." he took a deep breath before he continued, "...and my first love as well" he looked over me and smiled. I showed him a big smile too as I realised that he had already fallen in love.

"You know, man, I never thought that the boy who was once a coward..." he laughed as to what I just described him, "...had been strong to take the risk for the love of his life" I patted his back and laughed. That's all I can say. I was shocked from all of what he said.

"Thanks man" I just laughed at him, rubbed his hair and walked back to our dorms.