Chapter 28 ~ "I'll ship CarVie"

Carlos' POV
It was 5 in the morning when I found Evie sleeping close to me. And all that I felt was the beat fo my heart as it hops from my shirt. She was sleeping peacefully and I couldn't help but think that I would be so lucky if I have her as my lifetime partner. But she don't deserve a man like me. Oh, I almost forgot, I'm not a man yet.

I snapped all of that thought out of my head when Mal quietly opened the tent.

"Carlos, let's get ready" she whispered and I nodded. But before I went out, I placed a kiss on her forehead.

Everyone has gone out from their tents and all of us, except Evie, headed back to each of our dorms leaving the tents unset.

Evie's POV
"Guys?" I yelled, but all I could hear was the echo of my calling.

Where did they go? Is this a dream or something? I stood there in silence. No one is around. I decided to go back to the dorm, walking by myself.

The wind was cold and strong and as I cross to the other side of the bridge, I shivered and started to shake in fear when the bridge swayed. Why are they doing this to me? I shouldn't have join the camping.

Phew! Almost there, Evie. Before I took a step forward from the bridge, I quivered when something was wobbling behind the bushes...or wherever it came from.

"Is anyone there?" I call out but still my voice just echoed in the forest so I continued to walk.

I finally arrived in Auradon. And the first thing I did is to roam around Auradon Prep, to the boys' dorm, to the field, and to our room. It made me worried when I didn't see either of my friends the whole morning. Where could they be?

Mal's POV
"Okay, guys! So I have to arrange you to each of your task. First, I'll go with Jay and Lonnie. You two must...."

I stood there with my arms crossed as Carlos instructed all of us to do what we must do. He's a good leader. I never thought he'd be more responsible and kinda mature than the 3 of us. He deserves to be loved, I just realised that.

I started to think deeper into it until it brought me back to the time when we were still in the Isle. Everything me and Jay did to him was...mean...and...nasty. My eyes started to water as his face with scratches, marks of Jay's punch, and slaps from me entered into my mind. He will never forgive me.

"Mal?" He called. I blinked my eyes and snapped the thoughts out of my head when Carlos called my name.

"Oh, yeah. What is it?"

"Umm...is something wrong with the arra---"

"N-no. It's perfect. Just continue"

"Oh, okay. Well, for the last one, I want you to roam Evie around the Campus at exactly 5 pm. I'll meet her later after this plan"

"Oohhh" Jay smirked. I quickly glared at him and Carlos just didn't mind.

"Is that all I have to do?"

"Yes, actually. I want you to chill out from fuss last night"

"Yeah, right" I chuckled.

"Okay! Let's get this party started" Jay cracked up.

Everyone went to each of their assigned tasks but before I could turn myself away, Carlos approached to Jane. They kinda look cute together...but, pfft. I ship CarVie. Carlos must have assigned her to look after to every detail he gave them and after that he made his way to see Evie.