5

Chapter five| Tyla

Shit.

Shit.

Shit.

Well, I'm late. It was a terrible idea to stay after class, but I was struggling to finish the mock trial paper. Since my professor was nice enough to help after class, I thought I will take advantage of it. I dashed past all the students in the corridor to exit out the front door of the school. This is what I get, plus my partner didn't help one bit. I checked my watch as I stepped into the train station. Just before my foot hit the last step, the train closed its doors and left the station. There was no point in attempting to hurry now.

The next train wasn't going to arrive until 20 minutes. I frowned as I waited. It didn't help that I didn't know the number of the job or Peleo. I didn't ask. I spotted a vacant seat by one of the ad signs and sat down This was going to be the first time I was last in a position.

I pulled my phone out and began to browse through twitter. Occupying myself until time goes by. Suddenly, a cold shiver traveled down my neck as I sensed a pair of eyes on me. I looked around the station, but I saw no one staring in my direction. My leg starts to bounce up and down because I was starting to be anxious. I glanced up and saw the train arriving in a minute. Silently saying thank you, I quickly placed my phone in my pocket and got up from the seat, moving near the track.

The raucous, metallic shriek heralds the arrival of the decrepit carriage, standing in defiance of its condition - all corroded iron and tacky upholstery. The doors reluctantly ease open with the force of a stocky station guard, as if gripped by age, the handles stiff with arthritis. I nodded in his direction before boarding the train. As soon as I boarded the train, the feeling of being watch quickly washed away.

My eyes once again, gaze back to where I sat. I shivered knowing that, it was empty but the feeling was strong when I felt it. I unravel a 470 calorie cream cheese and smoked salmon bagel, humble in its crumpled paper bag. Crumb's rain into the crevices of the grimy moquette fabric as I attempted to swallow the taste of regret. I should definitely have ordered that smoothie instead. The train takes a plunge, inching forward at an excruciating pace. It rocks back and forth, its relentless whining and groaning comparable to a resident of any nursing home.

It didn' take long to reach my stop. Quickly hopping off the train, I exited the station and headed in the direction of the club. There was already a line outside the door when I turned into the alleyway. The same bodyguard from when I first started nodded his head in my direction before opening the door.

"So glad that you brace us with your presence." One of the girls teased. From being here, I realized that some of the girls weren't all that bad.

I smiled, "The train came later than usual."

"Tyla," Peleo called out making his way towards me, "You finally made it."

"Yeah, I am sorry I'm late." I explained, "The train came later than usual."

He shook his head, "Don't bother as long as you are here. And by the way, those group of guys requested you again."

I nodded my head and begin changing out of my regular clothes. I continued to talk with the other girls until I finished getting ready. A group of girls laughter was heard from the door frame. I didn't pay attention until it went completely quiet.

"Look what the trash brought in," Both mine and another girl's head turned to Brianna. Her long hair was now in a ponytail.

"You can't go for one day without causing trouble," Another girl said.