10

Chapter Ten| Cristian

"What the hell were you thinking?" My dad roared at me.

I slowly fell back into the chair, looking at him, pacing back and forth in my office. He never stopped complaining that Tyla wasn't Tatiana, and to make it worse, that she was black. Each intake, his face turned a different shade of red, and I wondered if I let him continue if, at this very moment, he would drop dead.

"Why are you so angry?" I asked, taking a sip of my glass, "Are you not the one who suggested it?"

"What are you talking about?"

"From what I recall, you said, 'I could care less about who it is, but they should be killed or divorced once you take over.'" I explained, "Ring any bells?"

He stared at me and dismissed what I said, "I was talking about Tatiana."

"So, you wanted me to kill Tatiana?" I questioned.

"Sei un'idiota proprio come tua madre!" My father exploded.

I began to sigh. It took me almost all of the strength within me not to take out the knife to cut my father's throat. Leaving him to drain out gradually. He's fortunate that I needed him to pass down the business. He was blessed enough to have a new wife in his arms right now, that knows I hated him enough to kill him. My mother passed away from a rare illness not so long ago that no one knew how to cure it. But deep down, I knew it was my father who had his hands on it. It must have been him.

My father had this prostitute on the side, which is the woman he now with. My father wanted my mother to be dead, but no one wanted to believe me. Perhaps it's because my mother didn't follow the rules that my dad placed. He was allowed to have anyone he wanted, but they had to follow him. My mother told him that it was either her, or she was going to leave with me. At that time, out of all my brothers and sisters, I was the only one who showed signs of promise to take over. And my father would do anything for the company, rather than his family. He took it as a challenge and killed her. It wasn't a way to prove it, but I know it was him deep down. Now she was lying happily in the garden she always had like in the maze.

"You don't listen like her," he mumbled.

"It's not good to talk ill of the dead father," I said, "They may come back to attack."

He smirked, "Allora mordimi." (then let them bite me)

There was a knock on the door that brought me out of my murderous daze. Tyla was standing at the door, rubbing her thumbs together. She barely looked up, and if she did it, her eyes would stare past me.

"As much as I would like to continue this conversation," I got up from my chair and walked over to the door frame, "But I have other duties to tend to."

"You are going to regret this," My father mumbled to me as he passed, "We will talk about this later."

I sighed when he finally left. He stressed me out more than the job itself. Making my way to my desk, I folded my arms and acknowledge her presence, "Yes?"

"Well, knowing that I will be living here sadly," She started, "I have to go to school."

"School?"

"I am enrolled in school and this is my last year before law school." She explained.

Nodding my head, I decided to contact two of my best guard, "Since you need to be there physically, I will send two guards with you."

"Wait...I don't need any guards."

"Yes, you do." I assorted while grabbing the phone, "Leo e Marco saranno in questa stanza tra cinque minuti." (Leo and Marco be inside this room in five minutes)