7

Chapter Seven| Tyla

"Wait?!" I exclaimed, "What?"

He lifted himself off of the desk while placing the knife down, "I need someone to pretend to be my wife until I take over the business. Once I do, then we can divorce, I'll pay you and act as nothing happen."

"How much?" I asked.

He grabbed a piece of paper and a pen before jotting something down. He pushed the piece of paper in my direction; it took me a while to reach for it. I was hesitant but still picked it up, turning it around so I can see it. My eyes widen, this must be a mistake. There are too many zeros on this paper for it to be real.

"I think there is a mistake?" I blurted out.

"What do you mean?" Asked the man, he leaned up from his chair, "I can ensure you that this-"

"There are several zeros on this paper," I explained when pointing to it, "That's over a million dollars on here. What the hell is your occupation?"

"That's none of your business," He said, "Don't worry your pretty little head Angel, just answer the question."

"But I'm still school, and I live with my best friend-"

"I said, don't worry, Angel." He said, "Please, don't let me repeat myself."

I gulped, "Fine."

"So then you agree?" He asked.

"Do I have a choice." My back hit the chair as I folded my arms under my breasts. One of my legs crossed the other, and my left eyebrow raised.

"You made the right decision." He replied, pulling out a piece of paper from the printer. He grabbed a pen from the holder and placed it in front of me, "Sign."

"When would this agreement be over?"

"Not an agreement," He coaxed as he tapped the paper with the pen, "Think of it as a business partnership."

"Still not answering my question." I deadpanned.

"The ball is a month from now, once it's over you can leave." He explained, "It would be as if nothing happened."

"And I won't die, correct?" I looked up at him. His blue eyes felt as if he was staring back into my soul.

"Scout honor." He held up the pen towards me, and I took it from him.

"Finish." I handed him the paper and pen once done.

He smiled slowly, showing all of his teeth. Didn't notice the two dimples on either side of his face, "Perfect, let's get started."

••••••••••••

"Here you go." Before leaving, I passed another bottle to a group of guys. My mind was going back to the agreement. He waited for my shift to end after leaving the office. They all did.

After severing more people it became unbearable, I had to stop in the middle of my tracks. The intensity, I could feel it. His stare was as uncomfortable as a chorus-girl corset and had the same effect on my breathing, constricted, and shallow. There was no life behind those eyes. Both Aris and the blonde guy watched me too throughout my shift until it ended.

They stood on either side of the club in fear of me running. For precaution, Gisella would also be sent to the bathroom or the changing room since they weren't able to enter. They're taking this seriously.