36

Chapter Thirty-Six|Tyla

I want to thank everyone who's comments and votes on this book. The book would have never gotten this far without ya'll support. Thank you once more. Please, follow me for more updates on new books. I have a story coming up after this one called "Testimony." Please give it the same love as you did with this book.

"Cris, can I remove this blindfold now?" I asked him, "It's hard to walk on the sand when you're blind."

"Almost there, angel," He said, "Just keep holding my hand, and I would guide you there."

I sighed, "Are we there?"

"I'm not doing that with you," He retorts, "Just wait."

"Are we there yet?" I asked again, this time, I noticed him stopping before me. Cris removed his hand out of mine as I waited for him to take the blindfolds off.

"Angel, we 're here now," He replied, as the blindfold lifted. I had to blink a few times before my vision became clear. My eyes widen at the sudden surprise.

"Cris," I began, but I wasn't able to finish, "I don't know how to respond."

"Don't say anything and enjoy it," We walked along a rose-covered path before reaching the table. Cris pulled out my chair; first, I sat down, and Cris walked over to his chair. With a clap of his hands, two maids appear with plates in their possession.

The excitement is written all over my face as the maid placed the sizzling hot food in front of me, "Ooh, food,"

"I can see that somebody is excited," He added.

"Of course, it's food," I replied, "This looks different."

He shook his head, "I never saw anyone more excited about food than anything else."

I picked the fork up and brought it to my nose to smell before putting it in my mouth. Smelling new food that I never tried is a habit of mine.

"Look, like the saying goes," I told him, "People may come and go, but food would always be there."

"Who says that?"

With a smirk, "Einstein himself, dear."

"Where is all that food going," Cris questioned, "You eat more than 70 people at once."

"You're not stuffing your face fast enough," I told him, "You keep talking."

He chuckled, "Your right."

...

The sand is softly golden with just the right comforting warmth. To rest on the beach feels like a cozy hug, one only matched by the sunshine-filled sky. I stretch out both of my arms and legs to look like a girl-starfish, my grin growing slowly into a broad smile. The only marker of time today is the sun above, the moments savored by the waves that wash the sands in white lace.

Cris laying on my leg in deep thought would sometime look up in my direction, "What are you thinking about?"

"My mom," He exclaimed, "Just being here with you and enjoying your presence just brings back memories of her being here. She would've loved you."

"What was she like?" I asked him. Not knowing who my mom was or how she lived her life left a void in my heart.

"Out of everyone, she was the main person to run too. If you had any problems or situations, she was your girl. My mom wasn't the type to any disrespect either, one smart remark, and she would've slapped me across the head," He chuckled, "'¿Quieres morir?' she would always ask me."

"What does that mean?" I asked him.

"Do you want to die?" He replied with a smirk, "It was her famous line to me."

"You must've been a terrible child," I told him, but he chuckled and shook his head.

"Not even," He said, "Just had a hard time, especially with an overbearing father, she always protected me from him. I still can remember that day when she was ready to walk, and then the next day, she passed in her sleep."

"That quick?!" I asked.

"Yeah, well, so they say," He placed quotation marks,  "But I know there was foul play in the making."

My eyes turned back to the horizon, examining the waves as they crash on the rocks. It was quiet for a moment, just sitting here admiring and enjoying each other existence. It was quite peaceful, but soon other emotions start to take over me. It was probably all the glasses at the minibar, I squeezed my legs closed, trying to stop the rush I was feeling.

"Let's go back to the cabana," Cris announced, "It is getting pretty late."

I nodded my head, relieved to go inside and change from the wet clothing. Once entered, I was about to make my way towards the bathroom, but Cris stopped me. He twisted me around with one arm wrapped around my waist. I was now facing him with him looking down at me hungrily. 

"Yes," I asked him as the grip on my waist tighten.

"Where do you think you're going?" He whispered close to my ear.

"T-to the b-bathroom," I stuttered. My breath became heavy when Cris placed small kisses on my neck.

"Why, Angel," He whispered against my skin as his hands roamed over my body, "I know why you're trying to go to the bathroom."

"You d-do," I moaned.

"Mhm," He mumbled, feeling him kiss my spot on my neck. My legs went weak, "And I'll help you fix it.

I was already wrapped at the moment to try to comprehend or even try to stop him.  His touch was set my body on fire and wanting more. He lifted me from the floor, making me wrapped my legs around his waist.

Do I want him to stop, though? 

...Of course not