9

Chapter Nine| Tyla

He hasn't appeared much since the occurrence. I didn't care about it, but I wanted to remind him about my phone. He took the old one and hurled it out of the window as we were driving to his estate. If his bodyguard wasn't around, he'd already been missing. It took almost my entire check just to get the phone, and I was pissed off by him tossing it out the window.

I made my way down the stairs entering the kitchen; I observed the maids scurry around. This dinner must have been an important event because everybody appeared to be in a rush. One of the maids turned in my direction and gasped as the items in her arms dropped to the floor.

"Why aren't you fully dressed?" She questioned.

"What do you mean?" I asked her, "This dinner does not start until 7 pm."

She shook her head and clapped her hands together. Three girls emerged from behind her as if they were hiding all this time. She pointed in my direction, and the three of them came over to me. They picked me up from the barstool that I was sitting in, and they started dragging me back up the stairs.

"A lady should be dressed and ready first," she exclaimed from the bottom of the stairs, "You're going to have to greet the guest."

Why do I have to greet them?!

The girls ordered me around, sometimes confusing me, pulling different clothing for me to pick from. By the time I could pick one, the bed piled up with clothes. With a twist of the knob, the door opened, revealing the girl who was in the office with him.

What was her name again...Gisella.

"You're not going to wear that, are you?!" At first, I wondered what she was talking about. Then I looked down at the dress I was holding.

"Oh, yeah, with my high heels too." I proudly showed off my black high heels.

"Well, well, well," She shook her head in disappointment, "I certainly hoped no one sees you in this."

She shooed the three ladies away while removing the black dress I had in my hand. Throwing the dress on the bed, she made her way over to the closets. When she disappeared inside the closed, she didn't come out for a while.  After about ten minutes, she pulled out a different fit and paired it with different colored heels. Gisella places them on the bed, glanced in my direction.

"What wrong with the clothes I picked before?" I asked.

She sighed, "I don't know if my brother has told you anything, but you are not only meeting our father but the whole business partners as well."

I stepped back, feeling my anxiety building up inside me. Cristian never told me anything, "All he told me was this was an important dinner."

"Of course he did," She rubbed the bridge of her nose before heading towards the door. Before she left, she turned slightly in my direction, "Oh, and this is yours now."

A white box landed beside the clothes she placed on the bed. Gisella left out the room, leaving me with the three maids. I walked over to the box and realized it was a new phone. A smile appeared on my face as I ripped the box open to reveal that the contact I had on my phone is now gone—new ones stored inside the phone. Luckily for me, I knew Mya's number by heart and quickly dialed it.

 Luckily for me, I knew Mya's number by heart and quickly dialed it