44

Chapter Forty-Four|Tyla

A couple of months later.

"Cris!" I yelled, "Cris?!"

I twisted the band around my finger as I waited for a response from upstairs. It was as if it was yesterday when we got married. The sides of my lips twisted up to a smile, remembering what happened. Nico was our little ring barrier, walking down the aisle, and Mya's was the first person to give her speech at the reception. It was as if nothing could've gone wrong on that day.

"Mommy?" Nico wandered down the steps while rubbing his eyes. He blinked a couple of times before yawning. A tiny smile appeared on my face; I'm still not used to him calling me mommy. It was a surprise to everyone when he said it out loud, "Why are you yelling?"

"Nico, Hunny, why are you not dress?" I questioned him, "Where is your dad; he was supposed to get you ready?"

"He started, but Tarzan came on," He answered with a smile.

I sighed; I couldn't be mad at him, "Let's go upstairs and get you ready."

As we walked down the hallway, I made sure to pass by our door. The door opened slightly, revealing a sleeping Cristian. His body was spread across the bed, with half of his legs dangling off to the side. I made my way closer to him, Nico close behind me.

"Are we going to wake him up?" Nico asked as he was already in the position to jump on him.

I nodded my head and began to count down when I landed on three, Nico jumped in the air and landed, body first on Cristian back. There was a loud groan before he turned around.

"Thank you, for the wake-up call," He said, "But wasn't we sl-"

"Sleep?" I spoke with my hand on my hip, Cristian swiftly darted up from the bed while still holding Nico within in his arms.

"Hey Angel," He replied nervously, "When did you get in here?"

"A few minutes ago," I told him, "Babe, why didn't you start getting him ready?"

"What are you talking about?" Cristian is slowly walking to the door, "I was getting him ready."

"In your sleep?!" I asked, "It is about to start."

Cristian gasped playfully, "To think that you don't believe me."

"Cristian, I watched you wake up," I told him.

By this time, he was already out the door yelling at the end of the hallway, "I love you!"

I rolled my eyes and walked back out of the room and headed towards the backyard. Both Aris and Mya were setting up one of the table while Gisella tried to put Yuri to sleep. It was a Tarzan theme birthday party, Nico begged us to have one. So we decided not tell him and wanted to surprise him today. When Mya spotted me, she wobbled her way to me as quickly as she could. I smiled as I placed my hand on her stomach.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

She nodded her head, "I can't wait for him to come out."

"Me too," I said, "I want to see my little nephew so bad."

"I just hope Aris is ready," She explains, "Yesterday, we went to our parenting class, and he was the only one who still having trouble putting on the diaper."

I smirked, "He will be ready; he probably just playing around at that time."

"Tyla, it has been almost nine months now," Mya said as she placed her hand on her face.