17

Chapter Seventeen|Tyla

I placed my bag down as we entered the hotel room. The room was spacious enough to give me time to look around. As expected, Cristian goes above and beyond just because he has money. Only a simple hotel room would've been better. The large window covered half of the room, which gave me a nice view of the city. Detroit was beautiful, but just like any other city, it has its challenges.

"I'll be back." Was all Cristian said before exiting out of the room.

So he was just going to leave me by myself?

Cristian never told me about his travels, and I don't think he has ever been in Detriot. And his best decision was just leaving me here. Shaking my head, I sat down in one of the chairs and begin to text Mya. Telling her, I made it, and I was safe. I decided not to inform her about the blow-up that happened.

I continued to text her and scroll through twitter until there was a knock on the door. I knew it wasn't Cristian since he has the key card to the room. I was staring at the door for a moment before I decided to get up from the chair.

There was another knock on the door much louder, I inched closer. There was a small peephole at the top of the door. Luckily, I was tall enough just to peek through to see Aris glancing around with a bag in his hand.

I unlocked the door, cracking it slightly, "What are you doing here?"

He smiled, "I came to see you. I'm not sharing a room with anyone, and I don't want to be there alone."

"Same," I stepped back, letting him enter the room, "What's with the bags?"

"Oh, I had the munchies so I wanted something to snack on." He explained. Aris flopped on the chair I was sitting at and sat his foot on the table in front of him.

"You smoke?" I asked, perplexed.

"Yeah," He smiled, "Why do you look so shocked about it?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I just thought you would've done some big drugs..didn't think-"

"A mafia killer to smoke weed?" He finished the sentence for me.

I peered up at him before shaking my head, "Didn't mean it like that."

"I know," He said, "But I understand what you meant. But you have to understand; it keeps me calm."

I grabbed a bag of chips from his black bag and opened it up, "What do you mean?"

"I know Cristian hasn't told you about the family history and I understand that," He explains, "But when our father finally picked his successor, both Gisella and I thought the torture ended."

"What did you go through?" I asked, now interested in what he has to say.

He sighed, "What did I not go through?"

"Aris?"

"You must think, 'You always seem so happy, Aris. You can't be going through anything'. But I fight with my inner demons constantly," He explains, "Demons that been here since our mother died."

"Our father wasn't a good man and still isn't. I can still vividly see the excess training that he made us do. From the early morning to late in the night without sleep or food."

"What?" I was profounded.

"Yeah, either we get it right, or we die," He shrugged his shoulders, "When we were around thirteen, we were able to kill ten men without help, and that's when he made us enter the family business."