38

Chapter Thirty-Eight|Tyla

"Turn around so we can see it," Mya asked as I spun around, letting the dress flow within me spinning around.

"What do you think?" I asked.

"I think the red look nice on you," Gisella complimented, she scooped up another pickle from her plate and dipped it in some cream cheese. My face scrunched up, knowing that she was eating the combination frequently.

"Thank you," I replied.

"I already have the hair figured out as well," Mya added.

"And to think the ball would come this fast," I said but felt the urgency to use the bathroom, "Help me take this off."

"Why?" Mya asked.

"I have to go to the bathroom," I whined jokingly. Mya walked behind me and unzipped the zipper, letting the dress fall to the ground, "Thank you."

I rushed to the bathroom to do my business before washing my hands and walking out. I picked up the dress off the floor while placing a strand of the ginger hair behind my ear. My head quickly turned around to spot Mya and Gisella, staring at me. I started to stare back at them with a blank expression before speaking.

"Can I help you?" I deadpanned.

"You'be been peeing a lot lately," Mya said.

"Like a lot a lot," Gisella chimes in, "More in one day."

I rolled my eyes, knowing where they're heading with this conversation, "Nope."

"I mean.." Mya started as she pointed to Gisella's stomach, who raised her eyebrows in the process.

I shook my head, "No."

"Unless..." Gisella started, but I stopped her in mid-sentence with my hand.

"No," I said, "And that's the end of it."

They shrugged their shoulders, "You never know."

Before I could answer Cristian called out me name, "Angel?"

Cris entered the room with a bunch of mail in his hand; I smiled, grabbing them out his hand and placing them on the bed. I roamed through it before I saw the envelope with my name on it. With a shaky breath, I ripped it open and pulled out the folded letter.

"What is that?" Cris whispered to Mya.

"It should be her acceptance letter to the law school." She whispered back.

I unfolded the letter and began reading. My face dropped until I saw 'Congratulation' I started jumping up and down as a huge scream emerge from my lips. Mya snatched the paper out my hand and cried with me.

"You did it!" Mya squealed, "I'm so proud of you."

"That's some weight off of shoulders," I wiped my eyes and sighed, "My heart almost dropped."

"This cost for a celebration," Cris exclaimed while walking over to me. He kissed me and smiled, "I'm proud of you."

"Thank you," I told him.

"What are the rest of the mail?" Gisella asked, "There are two more that have your name on it."

I took one of them out of her hand and opened it, "It's my degree, and I don't know about the other one."