35

Chapter Thirty-Five|Cristian

I woke up with a sleeping Tyla spread all over the bed; she barely had room for herself. Her arm laid around my back while one leg slid out of the covers. My body shifted, trying to break free from her wild sleeping, but she's pressing her weight across my back. I sighed; it was going to be hard to break free from her. It took a minute, but when I was safe, she took my half of the bed right away.

I made my way out, squinting my eyes as the sunlight blinded me. It didn't take a long time for my eyes to adapt to the sun. We were already close to the island 's beach and drifted away from the sea. I checked the time before I decided to hurry to the island's land. Pushing the button, I continued to turn the engine of the boat on as the name of the company appeared on the monitor. Instead of letting it drive, I was going to do it myself — my phone rang against my leg as I pulled it out of my pocket.

"Make it quick," I answered while placing the phone on speaker and laying it on the dashboard.

"The plan is a go," Apollo announced, "Everyone is on board."

A sly smirk spread across my face, "Good, what about the others,"

"They're handled," Apollo said, "With this plan, it will take them down for good."

"Now, to celebrate it, Tyla and I would spend the next four days on this private island," I told him, "No calling unless necessary."

"You mean the one that-"

"Yes," I said, "Now if you excuse me."

I hung up the phone and proceeded to near the beach shoreline. It's just like I remember it. My mother always brought me here when something troubled me; the island is my safe space. A small yawn emerges from behind me; Her grumpy, sleepy expression made me smile as she glanced in my direction and yawned again.

"Where are we?" She asked while looking around.
"Well, we call it 'el escollo de Valella' ." I told her.

"What does that mean?" She gave me a blank expression, "We?"

"The Valella Reef." I said, "And yes, we. Aris, Gisella and I, thought it was a great name when we're kids."

She nodded her head, "Why are we here?"

"You asked too many questions angel, you know that?" I hopped off the boat and extended my hand towards her.

She rolled her eyes before placing her hand in mine and followed me, "This is beautiful."

"I know, that's why I wanted to show you," I said while we inch closer to the cabana.

"Oh, wow," She gasped, "This is where were we're visiting."

"This is where we're staying," I corrected.

"Staying?!" She asked surprisingly.

"You heard me correctly," I joked, "Only for four days."

Before she could speak, one of the maids greeted us by the door, "Good morning, I hope the trip was well."

"That it was," I answered. The maid smiled at me while opening the door for both of us. Tyla entered first and I followed behind her.

"This is huge," Tyla exclaimed with her mouth agape.